Kaspersky is trustable?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by KonradPL, Oct 9, 2021.

1. KonradPL

KonradPL Registered Member

I`m thinking to buy a Bitdefender Total Security or Kaspersky Total for whole familly for windows and android devices. Probably K is best for security but i dont know if i can trust them about privacy etc.

Regards

2. Moose World

Moose World Registered Member

Hi,

Look at Cyclance Antivirus and has a better price..... it is your, choice.....
    Light, Good detection, and no bloatware. And up to 10 devices...
    Good for ransomware..... Price is easy on the pocket.....

(1) Intermission - Cylance Smart Antywirus 2021 2.1 vs Fresh Malware Samples - YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZrKn8L_3GQ

Cylance Smart Antivirus Features

4:48 for pro's and con's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZrKn8L_3GQ&t=288s

Also, Kaspersky has free version, Kaspersky, only downside it take a little time to clean malware....

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2021
  3. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

You can decline KSN agreement and you would not share data with them, if you worry about privacy. Program will still contact KSN to check executable's reputation, so you will still receive good protection.

4. Moose World

Moose World Registered Member

Hi,

Also there Bitdefender free version.....
    Which work quite well....

5. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I've used Bitdefender Total Security for 5 years or more. There are a few authorized BD partners on eBay. I've gotten great deals. And I ALWAYS check the license with BD 24/7 customer service 954.414.9655. They speak perfect English, are very knowledgeable & friendly. I tell BD CSR I got the license from a friend & don't know where he purchased it at. Saying I bought it at eBay throws them in a tizzy.

The following I CAN'T prove & is only my belief. After Russia kidnapped Kaspersky's son. Kaspersky has rolled over for Putin's Russia to keep his family safe.

6. Hiltihome

Hiltihome Registered Member

Why should Kaspersky be less trust able, than any other security?
    In my opinion Kaspersky is best, when it comes to protection.
    What else counts, for a private user?
    Total Security?
    Why?

7. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I trust Kaspersky more than the local vendors. What are the Russians going to do to me?

8. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Didn't Kaspersky move out of Russia?

https://techcrunch.com/2018/05/15/k...rastructure-out-of-russia-to-fight-for-trust/

9. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

10. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

To be honest, I trust none of the AV vendors, especially since they have switched to cloud based protection. The only reason why I'm using Win Defender is because it's made by M$ who obviously develops the Windows OS which I have been running for 25 years or so, so I have no choice.

11. Freki123

Freki123 Registered Member

I would trust no AV completely. You can never be sure about privacy 100%. It doesn't matter if the company is american, russian or.....

12. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

100%. There is too much money in the game (follow the money) that could incentivize many AV firms to "sell" your information to marketers, etc. I would trust Microsoft more than the rest- and that is why I use it and for several other reasons.

13. KonradPL

I need Total Security becouse a want to protect more than 5 devices with some safe familly or safe kids function.
    Hmm it is hard to choice between BD and K

I dont like russian goverment and politic but seems Kaspersky is best in terms of protection

14. Joxx

Joxx Registered Member

If it's privacy that worries you, move to Linux (and even then there's your ISP, your browser, the sites you visit etc.)
    If you stay with Windows choose your AV by its efficiency, because your privacy is already gone.

15. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

Hi Konrad! I fully understand your reservations regarding the RSA, as I was posted in Poland for a number of years. However understand that if Kaspersky was ever directly implicated in harvesting sensitive user data it would be apparent as ALL the other AV vendors have already gone over and over the code in order to detect this, and would be just drooling to make it public.

So although one may be wary of K's cozy relationship with the FSB, there should be no great worry of a Home user having their identity compromised in any way.

16. Buddel

Buddel Registered Member

^
    This, as far as privacy is concerned.

As regards security, I have always preferred K to BD.

17. Floyd 57

Floyd 57 Registered Member

WUt? They specifically say u cannot participate in KSN if u don't accept

18. Floyd 57

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxKCz0NMb2o

You sure about that?

19. Floyd 57

For free programs yes, like avast free did, but not for paid. Technically they can still sell it just the same, but there's incentive not to when u're paying and not just using their services for free.

Also MS is also bad. Prob not as bad as google and fb but still bad.

20. Floyd 57

When games as well MS Office Adobe Photoshop etc. become available on Linux, call me. And dont give me alternatives, ive spoken to professionals and nothing can replace em. Because the alternatives are all crap for professional work.

Hmm maybe i should have merged my posts into one. Oh well, mods can feel like they matter now :)

21. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Defender isn't going to suck anything out of your PC that they can't already get through Windows so there is that but ultimately none of them can be trusted. I'd rather use a foreign product because some other country's 3 letter agency isn't going to come to my door for any reason and if they try to hack and rob me it will be much more obvious when they attempt to purge my bank account and transfer the money to another country.

22. Floyd 57

If u disable telemetry completely and use for example I use simplewall that blocks all spying IPs, then yes they will get nothing out of u. Because let's not forget that W10 is also used for business, despite maybe not having Enterprise license. So it's not like MS can just harvest that data. Although we wouldn't know. But someone with Wireshark would. I recommend the one and only https://github.com/TairikuOokami/Windows

23. KonradPL

I`ve buy Kaspersky Total :)

Thanks You all for your answers :thumb:

24. Buddel

Buddel Registered Member

Good choice. Enjoy.:thumb:

25. Azure Phoenix

Azure Phoenix Registered Member

Remember, if possible, you have the option to trial first before buying.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.