Kaspersky IS 2009 & Vista x64

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by elvis1959, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elvis1959

elvis1959 Registered Member

I know that Kaspersky Internet Security claims to be compatible with Vista x64, but I have seen many user reviews on the internet where people relate horror stories with BSOD, etc. on Vista x64 systems. Is anyone actually running it on Vista x64 here who could give me an idea if it is safe to try?

2. country2

country2 Registered Member

I was running it on my Vista 64 with no issues. My subscription runs out next month so now I'm trying other firewalls/anti virus programs currently.

3. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

I moved to Vista x64 3 weeks ago when I built my new rig and have been running KIS2009 on it since day one without any issues whatsoever.

4. searaider

searaider Registered Member

Running it with home premium x64, no problems at all

5. lodore

lodore Registered Member

running on vista 64bit here and no issues.

99 percent of problem due to av and bsod is normally due to remaindents of the av you used before. same for firewalls etc.

6. TrojanHunter

TrojanHunter Registered Member

The only BSOD that I have encountered, was when I was running kaspersky with BoClean on Vista 64bit. Kaspersky has no issues with 64bit and fully compatible.

7. elvis1959

elvis1959 Registered Member

Is the firewall noisy or does it have a good whitelist like Norton? The reason I ask is that I will also be installing it on my daughter's laptop and my ex-wife's laptop, and they hate having to figure out allow or disallow when it comes to programs accessing the internet. Also, does it run heavy?

8. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

If you've got it set to automatic which you can choose during set up (default option I think) they won't have any problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.