Kaspersky Internet Security v8 (proactive test)

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by emperordarius, May 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plantextract

plantextract Registered Member

you need add to exclusions.. even in the 2nd post for suspicious driver installation, allowing it only allows it once. popup no 2 is not related to hips and the driver.start one has no application if you notice, so it doesn't know that cpu-z started it.

2. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

If you trust it then move it to the Trusted group. It may be well know but that does not necessarily mean that it is currently in the list of Trusted Applications. Kaspersky are still building this and such ommissions can be highlighted by posting the details on the Kaspersky Forum. Alternatively you can add to Exclusions. Either way you have options! :rolleyes:

And in any case why would someone be using Comodo (with Defense+ enabled) or EQSecure. Both have or are HIPS and therefore will conflict with KIS's HIPS. Not a good idea.:doubt:

If someone wants to knock something they will always find a way...regardless.;)

3. subset

subset Registered Member

You know the phrase "to target somebody"? o_O
    To target Comodo and EQSecure users does not mean that they should use KIS and Comodo or EQS at the same time.

I only wanted to point out that KIS 2009 is as complicated as Comodo or EQSecure.
    Especially when Application Filtering is misguided and you are overwhelmed with all this

P4P.png

Cheers

4. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

OK, understand what you are saying...but IMHO opinion I do not see why Kaspersky should target either Comodo or EQSecure users anymore than the users of other products...if anybody they should target Norton and the like users. But I do not think that the specifically target any particular users but rather, like all mainstream manufacturers they are targeting anybody not using Kaspersky. :D

Personally I find neither Comodo or EQSecure particularly complicated...especially not Application Filtering...once you take the time/have the patience to read through the basics and understand how they do what they do.

But then that is just me!:doubt:

5. adyextreme

adyextreme Registered Member

I don't think anie security company has realy security .

example:hips versus integrity levels in vista

anie security software use a xml,ini,cfg etc. file type
    That's mean all the config are stored as a file,

Vista stores his integrity levels as an extendet ACL ntfs file permision
    controled thru UAC that mean it's safer on vista then on anie largescale OS

as for the CLOWNY SOFTWARE that's only popup some mesage that isn't security not to mention the filtering platform underlayng net core

vista is not for newbies btw 80% of intrudet malware hapend on users behalf
    expl ok allow next ok and there you have THE NACKED DANCING PIGGS:argh:

Vista has powerfull security tools of cource you still nead a good av product

it's very heavy task to balance betwen security and usability :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.