Kaspersky Internet Security FREE !! (with mail-in rebate)

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by hawki, Nov 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawki

hawki Registered Member

2. Eiso

Eiso Registered Member

How do these free after rebate deals work exactly? KIS is too good to be free :eek:

3. Ranget

Ranget Registered Member

mmm what a pain to get this rebate

and it can't work for me

thanks anyway

4. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Great offer, hawki. Tough to beat free. ;)
    Sales tax applies in some areas.
    Thanks for posting. :thumb:
    (By the way, this site doesn't load properly in Chrome... which I have reported.)
    IE8 works fine.
    Lots of free w/rebate offers this time of year, Eiso. ;)
    Agree that rebates can be a PIA. I used to go for them, but hardly ever do now.
    Instant rebates (taken at online checkout or at the counter in the store) are the best.

5. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

FYI, per the rebate terms & conditions: Offer is valid to residents of the 50 United States and its territories.

6. Eiso

Eiso Registered Member

Yeah :( sucks to be Australian sometimes.

7. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

The rebate is a little work but not too much to ask for a free security suite. I actually got my last copy free after rebate. Worth every penny. :D

8. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

This is tempting, but I was kinda wanting to run Kaspersky Pure. Hmm.

9. manar58

manar58 Registered Member

All times free... for me :D :D

10. Zyrtec

Zyrtec Registered Member

Mail-in-rebates !!! How much I hate those :rolleyes:

You have to PAY up front out-of-your-pocket for them to send you a bar code coupon within several weeks so you can get your money back while [in the meantime] the put that money [your hard earned money] in a bank account and earn interest. While some people lost the coupons or forgot to mail in them back on time to get the refund.

That business scheme sunk Circuit City and CompUSA. Even Best Buy withdrew that practice 3 or 4 years ago.

If you are going to give something away, give it up for free UP FRONT and don't rely on those shady practices...

Gosh

11. xxJackxx

For what reason? The AV engine is 2 years behind the internet security. The backup isn't very effective as it won't do system backups. The password manager is a re branding of Sticky Password and you will get better support and more updates by just getting Sticky Password. TrueCrypt is a better free option for file encryption. On the other hand the parental control is amazing on Pure. So if you are interested in the parental control and management features of Pure go for it. If not, get KIS and add other apps for the other features.

12. Trooper

The engine is two years behind? :eek: Did not realize that. I am currently trialing Pure since I heard it was light and also had good parental controls like you mentioned.

Guess I have to add KIS to my list of things to check out.

Thanks Jack. :)

13. Trooper

Hey Jack,

I just downloaded in installed KIS 2012 trial today. So far so good! I am running with default settings. Should I change anything, or do you think default will suffice?

Thanks in advance. ;)

14. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Then, according to the TOS of this forum, this thread shouldn't exist. :blink:

Source: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=53972

15. Trooper

You just want to make me start a new thread huh? :D

16. xxJackxx

Defaults are sufficient for some. I always go into the settings and disable "Select action automatically". It doesn't prompt very much but I prefer the interactive mode to anything automatic. I set the scan setting to "Scan only new and changed files" to speed things up. Beyond that I really don't do much else with it. Something nice I have noticed is that the current version seems to support 64 bit IE and 64 bit Outlook. I also enable the Anti-Banner but that is a matter of preference.

17. snippits

snippits Registered Member

settings/application control/For Unknown Applications: Tick Move to the following group automatically: Untrusted

In a very high risk environment I would use that setting, otherwise default is good enough for me.

18. Rampastein

Rampastein Registered Member

Just disabling "Select Action Automatically" will be much more user-friendly (you usually get only a single pop-up for not-so-well-known / not digitally signed applications -- while with your method those applications wouldn't be allowed to run at all) while protecting about as well, at least as long as you know even somehow how to handle a HIPS.

19. snippits

snippits Registered Member

For those that do not want to be bothered with rebates, Kaspersky USA is having a 50 percent off cyber sale that's good till 11/30.

--http://usa.kaspersky.com/specialoffer--

20. Trooper

Thanks guys I've made some tweaks to my setup. Will let you know how it goes.

Cheers!

21. Trooper

22. xxJackxx

Not possible. Else I would be getting that email from them as well. Scan every machine you have with something, before they cut of your internet access.

23. Trooper

Thanks Jack, Im in the process of doing that right now.

I did setup a wireless printer though (which I forgot to mention earlier). Could it be that?

24. hawki

hawki Registered Member

I smell a scam to sell Xfinity paid bot removal service. Nothing is below Comcast.

25. xxJackxx

Nevermind, I should have actually read the page in that link. I have gotten that email. It says "If you received a notice from XFINITY or believe your computer is infected, it is important that you remove the bot from your computer immediately."

If you have not received a notice but only received this email just ignore it. I have to quit trying too keep track of too many things at once. :ouch:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.