Kaspersky folks preventing me from sharing info

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by candes, May 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. candes

candes Registered Member

Hi folks, I need your opinions please. Am I on to something here? Is this a cover up? I am not certain....

Was just over at the Kaspersky forums today. You see I have been having a KIS 2010 conflict with XP, and IE8.

I know the offending file with the XP issue. And asked how to disable it, some time ago. Now even more recently I have been having cookie problems with KIS. After posting, I realized that the cookie problem was also related to the file XP was conflicting with also.

Many other folks are also having similar problems. And I posted in response to someone that I wonder if perhaps everyones problems are a result of the klwtblfs.exe file. And perhaps we are looking at KIS actually conflicting
    with our OS.

I came home from work, and that post was gone! So I posted it again. And 10 minutes later, it was gone too.

At this point I hit the private messaging and replied persoanally to the folks in the thread. All of a sudden all of my posts show up in one thread, and my 2 different threads started months apart were merged. And the thread that I tried to help folks in was closed down.

Did I perhaps hit a nerve? Are they trying to cover something up?

Updated-----Kaspersky staff replied that they never deleted anything. And just merged stuff. I am no stranger to IP board, my posts were flat out missing and nothing was merged until about 20 minutes ago. And I now realize that the helpful post that set this all off is still missing.

Another update... The thread has been unlocked.

Last edited: May 15, 2010
  2. loli22

loli22 Registered Member

it sound like a conspiracy theory :blink:

3. candes

candes Registered Member

You know it sounds like that to me too. LOL... It was the oddest darn thing to ever happen to me on a forum. Most folks there are clueless, and not getting any help. I come out with an actual file name, and an OS conflict suspicion, and poof my post is gone.

Really, I am not sure what to think. LOL...

4. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Hi, maybe you did hit a nerve, and/or this thread is being watched ;)

Numerous issues on the web about klwtblfs.exe !

From what i've read, klwtblfs.exe is the web filter. Is it possible to disable it, and see what happens ?

5. candes

candes Registered Member

Your funny!! LOL...

Yes it is possible. I only did it partially, and it is heaven. Perhaps I will entirely disable it tonight. I just hate to lose protection. Do you know exactly what all I will lose, protection wise? They won't tell me. That must be a secret too. LOL...

I meant to mention that I was told that I was not allowed to post about that particular subject in any other thread. (Via PM.) I am not kidding you. LOL... LOL.... ROFL......

6. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Heaven sound good :)

Bingo, you did hit a nerve :D Sounds like they are either embarrased about it cos they maybe can't fix it, and/or it might be a security loophole ?

7. candes

candes Registered Member

They just deleted yet another post. Except this time they left a link to the deleted post. It was not about the subject! I was careful about that. Go there and see. It was a poll. Now they are doing this just to be arses.

Poll: What XP version are you using with KIS.

1. Just curious what XP verision you are using.
    2. And is it updated fully (which adds features of later windows versions.)
    3. And are you running KIS without difficulty?

My answers:
    1. Windows XP MEDIA CENTER EDITION
    2. Fully updated
    3. No

Attached Files:

8. fax

fax Registered Member

Sounds to me your are simply going offtopic both with the previous reference and the poll. They are actually quite clear about it.

Its usually easier to resolve an issue directly with them rather then posting on a third party forum that has not control nor can fix a possible misunderstanding. ;)

... and to be honest your tone in there is not very pleasent... may be just my impression...

9. candes

candes Registered Member

To be honest, I should have asked all of my questions here, and none of this would have happend. And i would have had my KIS problem solved by now.

Well, I saw the off topic comment later. But it really wasn't. It pertained to troubleshooting. I was just afraid to to mention what I was troubleshooting since I was told that I can't. But I really do want to know this poll info. I thought about it on the way home from work. Can I post it here? And if so, where?

I wasn't angry until they deleted my post. And sent me a PM telling me that I couldn't post about the subject in any other thread. Solving problems sometimes means working together. All I was doing was trying to help others along with myself.

My first question sat for 2 months unanswered. They actually got snippy with me back then, I think. I was honest but polite in my post. I had been a huge KIS fan for many years. That was before I realized that KIS was causing all my computer problems all along. This has to be harming my CPU.

Anyways, I could use some help here. The simple task of removing the KIS IE addon is not so simple. My addon window is totally empty. Lordy be... If this is related to that KIS file also, I will cry. Maybe that is why they didn't answer my post for 2 months.

10. Baz_kasp

Baz_kasp Registered Member

With all due respect, our board policies are not something that is meant for discussion on wilders.

You can push the conspiracy theories as much as you like, but the simple fact is you were cross posting your issue, which does not help you get an answer and clutters the board. If you cross post about an issue, your posts will be merged into one thread to de clutter the board and allow the forum staff to be able to deal with your query in a more streamlined fashion. Your posts were never removed and there is nothing in the forum records to suggest they were deleted.

Your second topic was removed because polls regarding which xp version you use, are unrelated in any way to Kaspersky products, and the "protection for home users" forum, which provides assistance with Kaspersky products. As per the moderators post, the fan club forum is the place for such "off topic" discussions.

Please also bear in mind the forum is not a direct avenue to technical support, and although we will try our best to help, we may not always have the answer to a question and if you want access to technical support you will have to open a ticket at the helpdesk: http://www.kaspersky.com/helpdesk

11. CogitoTesting

CogitoTesting Registered Member

Wait a minute, now kaspersky is telling what can and cannot be posted at Wilders? A forum independent of Kaspersky! Wow, what or who are you...Stalin incarnate or something? :thumbd:

Thanks.

12. SweX

SweX Registered Member

But Baz, I don't think this is ONLY about the KL Board Policies is it?

13. Baz_kasp

Baz_kasp Registered Member

Just to be clear- I am not "Kaspersky", nor to I work for them. I was simply adding my opinion to this discussion and suggested that this wasn't a topic relevant to the Wilders community...judging by a previous thread, I do not think my post was unjustified: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1244101&postcount=12

I do not of course dictate Wilders posting policies.

Also, would be much appreciated if you did not refer to me as a "Stalin incarnate", as (in my eyes) this was a completely uncalled for comment could be seen as quite offensive.

14. 3x0gR13N

3x0gR13N Registered Member

How does your IE addons list look like (post a screenie).
    These are the KL IE addons:
    Ie.png
    Disabling them does not degrade your security.

15. NoIos

NoIos Registered Member

Holly bells, your previous post had that tone and "corporate attitude" that someone should hire you for that job. In any case Wilders is traditionally a place of freedom...some rules apply...but I think that both Kaspersky and Wilders have no issues with discussions like this one. At the end the truth somehow shines..in any case let the moderators do their job.

ps: you must be a moderator on K's forums...because you talk about forum records etc. So you are in a way related to them.

16. Fly

Fly Registered Member

17. ALiasEX

ALiasEX Registered Member

Working on their forums is working for Kaspersky.

As NoIos pointed out: "you talk about forum records"
    Also: "our board policies"

18. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

As an outside observer who has just looked at the posts and sections over at the Kaspersky Forums, it seems to me that a couple threads that referenced the same problem were simply merged together. As for the removed poll, looking through several pages of that forum section shows that the section is for product related technical questions. There don't appear to be any similar polls there and the removal note explains that.

These are pretty much the same forum practices we follow here. If someone has a couple threads that in the end are about the same problem, we would probably merge the threads together. Also, if someone posts off-topic to a forum section purpose, we would move it to another section provided the thread is about something this forum covers. In our case, we have a Polls section, but, if the thread were say a social thread, since we have no off-topic forum, we'd either close or remove the thread.

Anyway, we do have a standing practice here against debating the rules and practices of other forums. If you have specific technical questions about a product that you think can be answered by the members here, start a thread about that. But, let's leave the moderation policies of other forums to them. This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.