Kaspersky AV&IS 2014 Released

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by guest, Jul 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

Both are default. Also KIS show me "database have not been updated for a long time"
    i push update button, it download something about 1,04 mb. then it show same message again. this is loop.
    there are problems, it is clear.

Update: i restart system, now it can update itself.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2013
  2. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I think the Securelist total includes the banner ads & spam signatures; if you have either or both of these disabled in the program, the signature count shown in the GUI will be less than what's on the Securelist site.

3. guest

guest Guest

I open all tools on protection center. Then i update it, it has still 7.xxx.xxx signature.
    Actually it is connected KSN but offline signature also important.

My problem solved after restart. I am using it since it released, i can say;

Negative;
    -I dont like GUI, Previous GUI was better.
    -They remove some settings, it is not good. I cant exclude 7zip files from full scan for example. I have tons of 7zip files, Full scan take 6-8 hours.

Positive;
    -Their dedection rate is very stable and high. Both for commerical tests and user tests. Generally user tests are giving different resullt than commerical tests. But KIS is exception.
    -"Protection against screen lockers has been added. You can unlock the screen by using a specified key shortcut. Protection against screen lockers detects and eliminates the threat. Screen lockers can now be automatically monitored and rolled back." very nice idea.
    -I am feeling it is faster than previous version.

Btw; I dont recommend upgrade 2013to2014. It broke my internet connection after upgrade. Then i install it clean system again. It is working fine on win8x64. I had only problem, i wrote previous post.

i have no idea is it indian version or not but is it important? Do They crop features from indian version? Why?
    It just works for me. It hasnt got “Trusted Applications Mode”, you are right. But i never seen it. It was just button on beta, it never work. (I tried it when it was beta but i didnt try all beta releases. maybe there are working one i dont know)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2013
  4. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

I like most of the new features but it isn't lighter or faster on my Windows 7...2013 is lighter for me but I will try again in a week or so. :(

5. thanhtai2009

thanhtai2009 Registered Member

the TAM feature will be available for all localized versions later due to technical issue. again, As I know, there is no difference between international and localized version.

6. ZeroDay

ZeroDay Registered Member

So is the version that's linked to download in this thread the real final of the 2014 products? and it's not feature restricted? Thanks in advance.

7. fax

fax Registered Member

yes, the real indian localized final 2014 product....

8. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

I think TAM will be distributed through patch A later.

9. ZeroDay

Oh, it's only the Indian version. Thanks Fax.

10. 3x0gR13N

3x0gR13N Registered Member

I'm pretty sure you can set a global exclusion for .7z files with the correct mask/format rule in the Object parameter. I don't have KIS 2014 installed because I'm on Win 8.1, but you can try experimenting in Exclusion rules (or whatever it's called now).

11. guest

guest Guest

Yes you are right. There is a option on global exclusion. But it is global off course .It will valid for all scanner profile. nevermore it is enought for me, in this case. Thanks.

Also when i set 7zip exclusion like that, It still scan some 7zip files. It skip some others.

Attached Files:

12. guest

guest Guest

GUI Bug?

Attached Files:

13. 3x0gR13N

Are you sure it isn't skipping some archives because of iSwift/iChecker and not the exclusion rule? The exclusion should be *.7z not *.7zip.

14. guest

guest Guest

right, sory. I correct it after the post, i was impatient.

I am not sure. There is no option for iSwift/iChecker on v2014.

Here, This is situation. I exclude 7zip files, but it scan inside 7zip files.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2013
  15. 3x0gR13N

Try adding * at the end of the rule as well, *.7z*

16. guest

guest Guest

nope, nothing change

17. 3x0gR13N

And if you add the E drive in the "File or folder" setting as well?

18. guest

guest Guest

I exclude E drive only, it didnt scan E drive. It works.
    I exclude spesific files, works.
    I exclude *7z*, *.7z, E and *.7z doesnt work.

But i find working one. It skip 7zip files now. Here;

Update; I find some document about that; http://support.kaspersky.com/2692
    But i still prefer customized scan options. It is global and valid for all scan profiles. Also is there a good reason for removing this simple/basic settings?

@3x0gR13N

Thanks, we solve this puzzle together :)

Attached Files:

19. ZeroDay

Are there any download links for the English only version?

20. 3x0gR13N

They removed some of the advanced options because very few people used them and some of them were used in a way that lessens the security level (statistics according to KSN telemetry). They tried to find a balance between configurability and making the program stupid-proof as well as minimizing QA time needed for such a huge amount of configuration options.
    Not yet, wait a couple of weeks until it gets officially released.

21. guest

guest Guest

I understand that but this is very basic settings. It is avaible all other Av's which are i used.
    I dont know, Windows decide to remove start menu because same reason with kaspersky. And probably it will back v8.1
    Worse GUI/Worse settings than v2013. I hope better protection.

Also there are usability defects i think. Example; it can be clickable, it said "988 files not processed" but which files. i cant click it, i cant get more info. I cant find them on " details"

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2013
  22. ZeroDay

23. 3x0gR13N

You'll need to have "Log non-critical events" enabled in report settings (before running a scan) to see them in Details AFAIK.

I'll install VMware to test out KIS 2014, as I've only installed the first few beta builds so I don't know how the new GUI functions.

24. hawki

hawki Registered Member

One of Kaspersky's stated overall long-term goals is to be the #1 sold AV in the world. You do this by making a highly effective but simple to operate product that peeps will have confidence in and going after the mass market of peeps that just want to take it out of the box and run it as is without the fear/chance of accidently making a change that might degrade its power or slow his/her PC.

For the sophisticated who want advanced tweaks and customizations, KAV/KIS for the above reason is no longer a 1st choice product and Kaspersky knows it and doesn't care. What about the know-nothing that decides "I want aggressive protection" and then complains that KIS has slowed down his PC? What percentage of PC users do you believe would actually know what they were doing by changing a setting? I assume it would be so low as to not enhance sales to a statistically significant degree. If all the participants in Wilder's Forum that currently use KIS or KAV stopped buying it sales might go down by 20 units.

Admission. I just switched from KIS to BD IS when my KIS license expired. I am running BD on Auto Pilot and I love it. (Umm, but BD will tell you what files it has not scanned and why :)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  25. ZeroDay

I think you're spot on, I just hope many other don't follow Kaspersky's lead by dumbing down a product to please the masses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.