Kaspersky Antivirus and Internet Security 2011 Beta

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by BoerenkoolMetWorst, Mar 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

Lil off topic...KIS took 4 days to tell me that my quarantined file (Clean) is not infected...:mad::p

Attached Files:

2. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

Better late than not ;)

3. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

Absolutely...

4. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

What a fiasco trying to get a simple custom installation option :cautious:
    http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=174081
    (post 8 in particular)
    It borders on the pathetic in my opinion.Are kaspersky after a tufty badge for including an option that practically every other av offers or are they just being
    pig headed?.
    ellison

5. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

that is quite sad that marketing is controlling the direction of the product... custom installations was one of the selling points for kaspersky IMO compared to some other AV's today that have taken the ability away...

looks like i wont be trying kaspersky out anymore, was waiting for the custom installation option, but guess not...

6. ALookingInView

ALookingInView Registered Member

I read on the KL Forum a little while back that the Custom Installation option is supposed to make a return in the CF1 release, so I guess we'll see.

7. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

well that thread shows that its not going to return unless the support team receives enuff complaints and even then it probly wont return...

8. 3x0gR13N

3x0gR13N Registered Member

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=172798&view=findpost&p=1395501

No where in post 8 does it say that it wont be returning or if the higher ups are planning to keep the Custom install in final version. Some testers were under the wrong impression that QA has anything to do with what a final version will contain feature-wise, so he (Andrey) directed them to those in charge of such things.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  9. drakester

drakester Registered Member

My reply there (KIS 377 beta thread) got deleted. Thanks a lot.
    Such a good way to reward feedback.

10. 3x0gR13N

3x0gR13N Registered Member

And you posted about...? Custom install? If yes, then I don't see how is this:
    unclear. :) There's no real need for me to explain actions taken on another forum, if you have a question pertaining moderation actions taken on a specific post, ask some of the mods there... ;)

11. drakester

drakester Registered Member

No need of an explanation from anyone and I also have no need to explain myself, but here it goes:
    Actually I was pointing someone else to Andrey's reply and that he/she should contact support about it instead of asking again.
    Also I replied to Sass Drake who wanted to know if the detailed reports are coming back, pointing him that Pipkin's skin already have that feature enabled.

Hardly a delete worthy post, I never did complain nor I started arguing about custom install.
    I don't use it but I see the obvious benefit of it. As it was said before, it's quite unfortunate that a good product gets taken over by some questionable marketing decisions.

KL staff are quite nice, I even got a license as thanks for beta testing... but I gotta say that some of the forum mods tend to be overzealous sometimes.

I'll leave this matter as it is, no need to bring this thread offtopic.

On topic: I think they should optimize the product a bit more, the performance hit is quite noticeable even on a fast computer. I hope this gets improved in CF1.

12. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

No it doesn't say that it wont be returning but the poster advises that those wanting that feature in cf 1 or maybe 2 should contact technical support.The later post on the 19th seems to show that many people have indeed contacted technical support (im one of them but yet to have a reply) and the option "might"return.Still a fiasco in my opinion ,whichever way you look at it.
    ellison

13. btman

btman Registered Member

I posted it over the .377 thread on Kasperskys beta forums... But anyway an official Kaspersky release is coming in August that will have custom install. I have no idea if its going to be CF1 or a newer one by then but at least its coming.

14. trjam

trjam Registered Member

2 heavy on 2 laptops. Oh well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.