Kaspersky Anti-Hacker released

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Paul Wilders, Dec 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I really like my kaspersky anti hacker smokey, I havent struck any problems with it at all. It was very simple to set up , just had to click the stealth button, and i feel comfortable that i am well protected. I notice on reading the help manuel on downloading they recommend to users to stick for two weeks with the current medium security settings , unlike say zonelabs who recommend two days i think , before pplaying around with the shift to high security , so maybe some went straight in and did not give it time to settle in , also i am wondering if some of the comments are more to do with the betta version which was hard to fathom out and proberbly did not have stealth, anyways , just thought i would say that i am really happy with my kav anti hacker and it flows nicely with the software i have onboard, kind regards , robert

2. root

root Registered Member

I'm guessing they will have a few bugs to work out, much like Outpost.
    I have a belief that firewall coders that have been producing firewall for win95 and win98 had the basics in place and then just had to make some changes to accomodate win2k, and eventually winxp. They didn't have to start from scratch to try to fit all four versions of windows with all kinds of different configurations all at once, like Outpost, Kaspersky, and a couple of others.
    Like I said, I would like to have a test machine, just to check out some various programs.
    Meanwhile, I'm impatiently waiting for Outpost 2. :D

3. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Nice to hear a positive opinion about Anti-Hacker! ;)

4. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

You're not the only one! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.