Kaspersky Anti-Hacker released

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Paul Wilders, Dec 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Release date: 06/12/2002
    Kaspersky Anti-Hacker - Optimal Protection for Your Home PC

Culham Innovation Centre, UK (6th December 2002) Kaspersky Labs, an international data-security software developer, announces the release of its personal firewall - Kaspersky Anti-Hacker - an optimal solution ensuring the reliable defence of home computers against hacker attacks and preventing unauthorised access to personal data.

Kaspersky Anti-Hacker is a filter operating between personal computers and the Internet that checks all incoming and outgoing data streams and permits only safe data and actions. In this way, the system, on one hand protects against hacker attacks from external networks and from the other regulates Internet application access, thus preventing the unauthorised outflow of information even if the system becomes infected with the most advanced backdoor Trojan programs. A fundamental feature of this new product is its simplicity.

Kaspersky Anti-Hacker gives users the ability to define filtration rules for each Internet application, data stream (TCP, UDP, ICMP among others), specific IP addresses, Web-addresses and ports. Users can choose from among five preset levels of protection and avoid wasting time learning about configuration specific details. Once a security level is chosen the program itself applies all the necessary settings.

At the same time, for advanced users there is the possibility to control all settings manually. Additionally, the program has a "self-learning" feature that automatically sets up Kaspersky Anti-Hacker according to a computer's installed applications. When creating new rules or modifying old ones all alterations are accepted "on-the-fly", thus system restart is not required for any settings to become effective.

An important product feature is the data interceptor working on the network protocol level that allows information filtration before processing by other applications. Destructive code targeted at specific programs or operating systems will be caught before gaining access and neutralised, thus letting programs and operating systems receive only safe data. In this way Kaspersky Anti-Hacker provides 100% protection from the most common forms of hacker attack, including port scans, "Ping of Death" and DoS (Denial of Service) attacks.

Integrated in the program is a unique technology designed to control all computer port activity. Thanks to this protection, systems become fully "invisible" to the outside and hackers simply cannot detect anything to attack, rendering all attempts to gain access doomed to failure.

Kaspersky Anti-Hacker produces a detailed report regarding the filtration of incoming and outgoing data streams. This report may be easily configured to suit any user's individual requirements. All critical events are recorded and immediately sent to the user. Due to the product's highly effective data processing system, the program does not noticeably affect computer performance nor slow down system applications.

"Computers have 65536 "doors" (ports), through which hackers can enter and gain access to not only confidential data but even take full control of a PC", commented Natalya Kaspersky, CEO of Kaspersky Labs, "Therefore using anti-virus software alone is simply not enough. Taking into consideration the requirements of our customers, we developed Kaspersky Anti-Hacker, a personal firewall for home computers designed to ensure maximum transparency for Internet access while providing maximum protection for people who are not information security experts and don't have time to mess around with complicated solutions. Our main goal was to ensure protection while making the product's operation as undetectable and user-friendly as possible".

Info and specs:

http://www.kaspersky.co.uk/buyonline.html?chapter=964564

regards.

paul

2. root

root Registered Member

Sometimes I really wish I had a test machine so I could install proggies like this and check them out. :doubt: I just can't take Outpost off my machine because of the work I do at Agnitum.
    I have followed some of the comments on the beta, and it looked like Eugene has a ways to go yet before he has a serious competitor. Maybe the final release has the bugs ironed out.
    It will be interesting to see.

3. GiannMike

GiannMike Guest

Hi! Is there a trial version of Kaspersky Anti-Hacker available?
    Thanks

4. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

root,

...this is the final release ;)

GiannMike,

I don't know actually - I suggest you sniff the Kaspersky's website for info on that one.

regards.

paul

5. CARCHARODON

CARCHARODON Registered Member

someone post some screen shots.

6. eyespy

eyespy Registered Member

Hi CARCHARODON,
    Have a look here....

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=3848

regards,
    bill ;)

7. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Yes, me too, root.

There are a whole lot of claims being made in that release statement that would be difficult for any product to live up to.

8. controler

controler Guest

I really like this firewall. At present I am trying out Black Ice's new friewall. It is getting harder all the time to chose the best one.
    Kaspersky's Firewall is very easy to navigate through the settings as seen by the screen shots i posted a few months ago.
    This new Black Ice sure deems to be picking up the probes.
    I have Black Ice set to Paranoid- Block ALL unsolicited inbound traffic.
    It seems to working very well on this new ME install.
    I don not see the Beta link at Kaspersky's site any longer.
    I still have their Beta copy :D
    Eyespy ? Yes you do need to get a nice shinny new test box for X-mas
    Look at all the fun you can have?

9. eyespy

eyespy Registered Member

My main box(only box) is the test box!
    The family loves all those Beta programs..........NOT !! :D
    Plus, I'm also an expert at reformatting and recovery !! :D

Besides,
    Santa just bought me a nice new shiny snowthrower !! Yes...he came early here !! :D

regards,
    bill ;)

10. root

root Registered Member

Man I hope I never live someplace where I would look forward to owning a snow thrower!
    I mean, I like some snow, but.... :D

11. eyespy

eyespy Registered Member

Don't let Frosty hear you say that !! :D

regards,
    bill :)

12. Luthorcrow

Luthorcrow Registered Member

Didn't Find A Trail Version

Bummer. I checked the US/UK/Swiss sites with no luck. It looks like it is for purchase only. Which sucks...

13. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

I must admit that I lost some resect for Kaspersky with that press release.

100% protection? Better call Cisco, they are out of business.

Ping of Death? Has any OS since win95b been vulnerable to this?

Denial of Service? If you pipe is full, it is full.

All hack attemps are doomed to failure? I had to laugh there :)

I will stop there, I dare not get caried away.....

14. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

I have never done this but couldn't you partition your hard drive and use one partition as a "test" partition to do with as you please without harming your c:drive. Take care.

15. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Agreed. Competition is forcing them all to improve. Kind of like 20-30 years ago, American made automobiles were pieces of junk. Then imports from Japan forced them to improve until today when most of them are rather decent. Take care.

16. eyespy

eyespy Registered Member

Acadia,
    you sure can. But to really protect your main OS,
    you should install a second OS on the "test" partition !!

regards,
    bill ;)

17. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Yeah, that's what I meant, guess I could've worded it better.

18. controler

controler Guest

Waitaminit!!!!!!!!!!

I lived 20-30 years ago and there was no Yajeninese car that
    had a big block in it. There would be laughter from the crowds if you tried racing from light to light with a yajeninese cars.
    They had 4 poppers in chuckle chuckle,,,
    Back then we worked on our cars just for something to do.
    Then in the early 80's some politician thought there wqas an energy shortage and decided to convert all our cars to 4 poppers. Belt timing chains? go figure huh? laugh laugh... yea I guess with a 4 popper and no power, you didn't need metal.
    opppsss rattling here again..
    PC' on the other hand have gone just the opposite. MORE POWER VROOOMMMM VROOOMMMMMM more SPEED !!!!!!!!!
    Leave bit marks behind screachhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. root

root Registered Member

Put that bottle away controller. It's too early in the morning. :eek:

20. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Whatever turns you on, guy.

21. controler

controler Guest

Tis The Season To Be Jolly :D :D :D :D

Come on now,, You know I love you guys and gals. ;)

But seriously, Kav's firewall does look pretty good.
    Do the other firewalls have log -packet viewing programs associated with them like ZA, Norton and Black Ice?

I am really liking VisualIce for Black Ice.

Meery Christmas all :D

22. Feivel

Feivel Registered Member

I thought you all (I'm from Texas) might enjoy this link after our resident drunk (sorry controler) ranted about this topic :)

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=6607

23. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

Curiously, that fellow didn't give us any numbers for how much all that power costs, nor did he consider the fact that a 300watt ps doesn't use 300watts most of the time, that is its mximum capacity. Very few home PCs use 300watts. ( I know this beacuse my machine has probably three times the amount of stuff attached to it compared to 99% of machines out there ( not to mention overclocked with a huge fan on the brick of a heatsink) and 300watts is just fine)

Also where I live, a kilowatt hour costs pennies.

24. Pokinpo

Pokinpo Guest

Sorry guys!
    Please ignore the two posts above. Mod please delete. Somehow, they posted while I was previewing for quotes.

posts removed as requested - CrazyM

25. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Hai root!

I have read several experiences of Kaspersky Anti-Hacker firewall users, and they are all negative :(

Not a very good sign to try it at this moment, oro_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.