Kaspersky and EMSIsoft AntiMalware

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Houley456, Jul 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Houley456

Houley456 Registered Member

Rec'd Kaspersky AntiVirus ver 12 for free and I also have Emsisoft Antimalware, lastest version with 7 months left on the license....do you think they will live together or will I be introducing problems.....really like Emsi and using it along with Sanboxie paid....have Win 7 64 bit...

2. searaider

searaider Registered Member

Greetings, i'm using both and so far no problems at all.

3. Montmorency

Montmorency Registered Member

So far...

4. Amin

Amin Registered Member

i would not recommend this combination , actually.

each one of them is a perfect security suit. EAM is an anti malware, but not like MBAM. because it includes behavior blocker and heuristic analyz features.

i just can say i would not if i were you.

Amin

5. blasev

blasev Registered Member

not recommended, running two AV realtime is a time bomb:ninja:

6. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Both of them are really good, i would recommend only running one because they're both kinda on the heavy side. But if you really want to run them both and your PC can handle it well it's your decision. :D

7. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Forget Kaspersky and go for EAM. Run only one. :)

8. Tomwa

Tomwa Registered Member

You should only run one Realtime security solution at a time as it can cause serious issues

Example:
    Say you browse to a downloaded file and go to run it, Kaspersky starts scanning it and so does EAM, Kaspersky and EAM both believe it to be a virus. Will either solution be able to quarantine the malware? It's in use by two AV solutions both of which I imagine have Self Defense (I know KIS does I don't know about EAM though I've heard good things about it the product itself) so neither may be able to release the handles and quarantine the file this can not only cause issues with performance and stability but even protection as since neither may remove the file it could very well stay where it is.

Just a real simple and quick example. I don't think anyone would recommend running both in unison and if you do (though I wouldn't suggest it) I suggest at the very least adding exceptions in both solutions for each other to help reduce some of the risk of issues arising.

9. guest

guest Guest

EAM is STILL a companion AV (check Emsisoft website), it can run alongside any other AVs without conflicts. you just have to setup the exclusions then set EAM to "detect on execution" (so KAV will act first ) to optimize its performance after you will never have problems.

Using EAM alongside CIS without issues since a year, and testing this combo against malwares with no problems.

10. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Yes check here :rolleyes:

11. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

Where it says...

12. Amin

Amin Registered Member

malware means all types of badwares including viruses , trojans , worms , spywares , scarewares , ransomwares , rootkits , adwares and so and so.

but there is still a false thought that says malware means something else and separate from viruses , and when we say "emsisoft anti malware" some people think it only protects against spywares and trojan horses.

i think these false thoughts are derived from the anti virus companies. it was better to call for example "kaspersky anti malware" , because simply virus is just one little part of malwares world. even this went in the wrong way harder when mbam which is not protecting enough against all types of malwares , is named anti malware.

hope u get what i mean.

regards.
    Amin,

13. guest

guest Guest

With all respect due, i am amused by people that shows only part of the info just to prove their point...:D
    Btw, did they tried it as i did...surely not...

i am not the only one to have this kind of setup with EAM as companion, and none of them have reported any conflicts or BSODs, and i also know it is not just a anti-spyware/trojans...
    i was not born yesterday about security, and i know that putting 2 full-fledge AVs is not recommended (except if designed to, like EAM, Immunet free, WSA, Kingsoft AV, etc...)

So please before saying that someone is wrong, be sure you have all the infos and test the product yourself.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.