Kaspersky 7.0: No Need for Zero Day Apps?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by mrm1233, Dec 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

But all that protection is not really required... how many PC users are there who do not get infected and only have an AV and Firewall running?
    Many people don't know what HIPS and virtulization are and are still doing fine.

2. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

It makes you wonder what they're doing to go to those extremes. Where is the use of common sense as part of protecting yourself?

3. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

Very true. Nothing has ever got past my AV/FW combo, I'm pleased to say.

Similarly my house has never burnt down, nor do I expect it ever will, yet I still pay sizeable premiums to my Insurance Co to cover it from this admittedly unlikely scenario. It helps me to sleep easy and I feel similarly about my computer.

It's not an irrational fear - just ask any of those poor sad individuals who found their homes flooded out in the torrents last summer, and who were uninsured 'cos they thought it would never happen to them.

Or ask one of the many struck by the .wmv exploit before their AV added the sigs - I bet they wish they had execution control on the drive-by trojan that hit them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.