Kaspersky 7.0.1.325 officially released

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Macstorm, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mem

Mem Registered Member

2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i just updated a freinds computer with 325 and i did a simple uninstall keep the settings and activation and restart and reinstall took less than 5 min total and its working great no issues at all.. my version seems to be fine now as well ..

3. Ed_H

Ed_H Registered Member

I installed KIS 325 a couple of days ago. While I had a couple of lock-ups and had to force re-boot, it seemed to be an improvement speed wise over 321b. Now after 2 days, I am having problems with programs taking over 1 minute to launch and browsing has slowed again. Not sure what the problem is so I used the KIS removal tool and reinstalled but the problems persist. I have never had any other security software on this snapshot so I can't come up with an obvious conflict.

4. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

One man's pie is another man's poison. Yeah, I had the same type of problems yesterday when I installed Kav 325 on my machine. I wish the results would have been better but alas it was not. I'm sure Kaspersky will eventually solve this problem. Hopefully soon.

Later...

5. ankupan

ankupan Registered Member

Hi,

I tried KIS 7.0.325 on laptop, earlier NIS 08 was installed.

But KIS is working great, it is as fast as 125 was.

6. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

I think it is even faster

7. ChrisP

ChrisP Suspended Member

I purchased KAV at Christmas - but removed it because it made my PC unusable - everything was so slow - took forever to start any apps.

i have installed this latest version and it is EXACTLY the same, so have removed it - gone back to AVG Anti-Malware, which is fast and smooth.

You may like to know that KAV for Windows Mobile is the same - plus it crashes the system!

Would appear that Kaspersky dont have any products that work at the moment.

8. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

I think that you should be more circumspect in terms of posting such comments. Kaspersky may not have any products that work for YOU and you setups but their products currently, and have always, worked for a lot of other people. Yes, the MP1 release did have some issues in terms of slowing down browsing but this are now fix with Build 325 (at least that would appear to be the consensus of opinion that I have come across).

BTW - Build 325 is running like a dream on my PC. IMHO it is the best release so far, being fast and light in terms of resources used...certainly based on my instalation!

9. ChrisP

ChrisP Suspended Member

I dont - its clear that a huge number of people have had major problems with their products because of the speed issue. The evidence is overwhelming. Beyond belief that you make the comment you do.

guess some people get attached to a product and defend it even when its futile.

KAV is a superb AV - but in my opinion, Kaspersky should not be releasing software which does not run properly - they need to sort this out quickly as they have taken money from people and are not delivering the goods.

End of argument.

10. Baldrick

There is no argument. Whilst a number (and from what I have read it is not huge as you say...but that is IMHO) have had an issue there are a large number of people (again IMHO) for whom KIS 7 works extremely well and is their IS of choice. I am not 'attached' to KIS as I have in the past used NIS, NOD, McAfee, Kerio, ZASS, and continue to evaluate new suites as they come out and will definitively drop KIS if I find something that IN MY OPINION does a better job. Latest one to be evaluated was the offering from ESET but that is not currently on a par with KIS (IMHO)...yet!

My point is that you make a general statement "Would appear that Kaspersky dont have any products that work at the moment" that may be true for YOU but is patently NOT TRUE for a lot of other people, rather than caveating your statement to make it clear that it is your opinion. Such statements only serve to misinform people when they should be downloading trials and trying out software for themselves...and then drawing their own conclusions.

KIS works well for me and other but may not for you and others. Lets be objective, rather than subjective, about products!

11. zfactor

hmmm it was runnning perfect and niw this morning i see the slow browsing issue again pages load 3/4 of the way and just sit for a while then load... i uninstalled and reinstalled and now it is ok again?? this is wierd it seems to start lagging after a while of it in use??...

12. Baldrick

You may want to check the build of klif.sys in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\; this should be version 6.12.10.377. This is supposed to be the build of the driver that resolves the slow browsing issue that some have experienced. If it is not then you need to make sure that under KIS Settings, Update you have the 'Update Application Modules' check box ticked. If it is not then tick it and then run an update which all being well should update the driver to the latest version...it did for me.

If the driver is at the wrong build and this does not resolve the issue by getting you the correct build then try the following link at the Kaspersky Forum for further assistance:

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=60631&st=0

If that is of no use then try posting a request for assistance there. One of the resident gurus is sure to respond quickly...it is a great forum (in the same way that Wilders is, of course).:D

13. Trespasser

There are a lot of people having this issue. People having no problem with Kaspersky, it appears to me at least, are in the minority. Just to be clear, I am, and have always been, a Kaspersky loyalist but there is definitely something "wrong" within the program. This slow-down issue is just too much to ignore. The Kings crown is on crooked.

Later...

Last edited: Feb 23, 2008
  14. petersteiner

petersteiner Registered Member

I just installed the trial as well. This scanner is slower than F-Secure. What have the Kaspersky people done to this program? I once had one of the early builds of version 7 installed and didn't notice much of a difference to NOD 32 2.7.

I uninstall it now and put the new NOD 32 .642 on.

15. subset

subset Registered Member

Hi,

it doesn't help anyone who is in trouble with KAV/KIS, if I tell you that I don't have problems and everything was fine with 125, 321 and is fine with 325 on three totally different boxes.
    But what's important, I know about that.

Otherwise some like to generalise their own bad experience and telling KAV is like this and KIS is like that and beware and stay away.

If I have troubles with software, I try to solve them within forums, with support and so on.
    If there is no solution, I wipe it away, simple as that.

There are plenty of other fish in the sea.

Cheers

16. zfactor

checking version now ... what is wierd is after a reinstall everything is fine and nice and fast again.. then it almost seems to get gradually slower browsing wise.. ve done a reinstall twice now and both times browsing got nice and fast again only to about a week later start to crawl again.. this was on a totally fresh vista install with 321 then the upgrade to 325 and as i said 321 before i changed anything or got the b update never did this.. just odd.. im going to def try their forum no doubt i like the program and want to resolve this just wierd that a reinstall fixes the issue then it comes back it seems. also please note i have kis on 5 systems here and this is the only one with this issue the rest are perfect with no issues.. im going to try a restore to before i installed kis 321 with just the clean vista and install 325 clean and see if that helps..

17. Baldrick

Nicely put subset!

18. fce

fce Registered Member

my ver 125 is solid as rock.....is it worth it to update/upgrade to ver. 325?

to all user who already try ver. 325 (from ver. 125) what the big difference between the two build?

19. Trespasser

I'm certainly not saying "beware and stay away" from Kaspersky. It's a great software. And for some folks it works without issue. I'm simply stating a personal fact...Kav slows my computer (all functions...not just browsing) to a strong degree. And yes I've tried adjusting the settings within Kav to see if I could remedy the situation but to no avail. But this is no biggie though for normally I just use Sandboxie and no antivirus at all. Whenever I get a little paranoid I just download a copy of Dr Web CureIt and run it. So far, and it's been months, no infections of any sort.

Later...

20. Ed_H

Ed_H Registered Member

KIS 325 is slowing down pretty much everything on my PC as well. I am waiting for a response from KL support. In the mean time I have switched to Avira Personal Edition Premium and it is working great.

21. muf

muf Registered Member

The only version of KAV7 I ever installed was 125 and it runs like a dream and still does. Tbh, unless they find a vulnerability in 125 then I've no intention of upgrading. In fact, knowing the problems users are having with the subsequent builds if they ever found a vulnerability in 125 then I'm more likely to install a different AV. Does anyone know if v4.5 works on XP and is still having defs provided? Now that WAS a great av!!!

muf

22. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i remember with kaspersky version 6 MP1 was fine but people had quite a few issues with MP2. i may upgrade to a newer build if kaspersky realease a kis and kav 7.0 MP2.
    for now i will keep using 125 build.

23. kdcdq

kdcdq Registered Member

Hello all,

Here's my $.02:

Upgrading from KIS 0.321 to KIS 1.325 solved my system slow-down in Windows Explorer that was driving me buggy.

Every time I clicked on a folder in Explorer using 321, my system would "hour-glass" for a second or so; I tolerated it for a month or so until trying 325. Now I am a happy with KIS V7 once again.

In summary, I agree totally with many of the previous posts that say that "325 is as fast as 125 was".

24. zfactor

i have reverted back to 321 for me it is far better than the 325.. 325 is killing my mail (verizon takes foreveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer to come up no problems with 321 though)... i may have to go avira again....hmmmm

25. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

Few days ago i found mail and http modules stoped working nothing solved the problem,i just switched back to BD 2008.Very strange thing ,never happen to me with any antivirus software used untill now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.