Kaspersky 2009 released!!!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ingem64, Jun 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oliverjia

oliverjia Registered Member

2. Victek

Victek Registered Member

3. oliverjia

oliverjia Registered Member

NOT for me. It is working as I am posting here.

4. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

v.8.0.0.454 is already there on KL mainpage. KAV / KIS

5. ejames82

ejames82 Registered Member

it's been almost two years that i have been using it, and only one false positive. i went to the forums and told them about it, and they fixed it immediately.

6. btman

btman Registered Member

Last night I downloaded the final version before that...

.454 must have just been put on the site today..

Oh well woot! Automatic mode for the firewall is working beautifully and everything else is lovely.

7. trjam

trjam Registered Member

yep, sure is.;)

8. fce

fce Registered Member

i'm not browsing Kasp forum too much.....is ver. 454 less problematic compare to 357?

what's the big difference between the two version?

9. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Interesting - I just tried it again and my browser just reloads the same page. Are you getting a PDF with the rebate details?

10. Zombini

Zombini Registered Member

There have been lots of bugs.. look at the number of patches since 357 (or beta releases as the fanbois would call them). Hence they wanted to use the UK and other smaller markets as test beds before releasing to the US. KIS8 has poor quality compared to the previous version.

I installed it and many web pages would not load correctly.

11. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I have it on both my computers, and so far all is running well. V .357 was flawless, and I expect .454 to do as well.
    We know all applications do not run well on all computers, and so other AVs are available.

Regards,
    Jerry

12. Ed_H

Ed_H Registered Member

I have had .357 on two computers for about 3 months as well. No problems at all. I just updated to .454 on one and so far so good.

13. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

Actually Kaspersky 2009 is really the best version of Kaspersky, never ever had any problem with web pages since build 357 to 454. It's extremely light, reminds me of when I was using NOD32 2.7, and of course very very effective. Build 454 is really great, even less resouce usage, no problems upgrading and the application filtering list didn't screw up(like it did before if I saved that setting when uninstalling KIS).
    I really feel good with this version, My computer is extremely light even with max settings and I can do everything I want during a full scan. It's fantastic:thumb:

14. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Can't tell really since i'm using a different av at the moment.

However, here are the release notes for KIS v.8.0.0.451: link

Improvements:
    • Implemented functionality decreasing the number of restarts when updated databases of network attacks or application modules are released.
    • Implemented functionality for automatic extension of the license to use Kaspersky Internet Security.
    • Added opportunity to activate the application from the command line.
    • Added opportunity to specify exceptions for the Host Intrusion Prevention component ("HIPS.Skip.Start"), to avoid notifications about addition of applications to groups.
    • Implemented automatic generation of protected resources in the HIPS component by the applications included into the trusted list, which allows additional control over modification of critical system files and main programs of the user.
    • Anti-Banner component of Content Filtering module is disabled by default in application settings.
    Known issues:
    • During first launch of very large (1 GB and larger) executables Kaspersky Internet Security analyzes them for a long time (5-10 minutes) displaying no information to users.
    • While the virus scan task is running, the counter of checked objects in the report window is not updated. Correct value is only displayed when the task completes.
    • Extra "Help" link appears in the password entry dialog during scanning of password-protected archives. Pressing the link is identical to pressing the "Skip" button.
    • The Security Analyzer Wizard can recognize incorrectly the Windows Update settings in Microsoft Windows Vista.
    • If the virus scan task is configured in the "Run mode" to run "After update", the task starts only if the application database has been updated successfully during an update session.
    • If you are working with programs running in full-screen mode, the pop-up windows of Kaspersky Internet Security may blink. To activate pop-up windows, left-click with the mouse in any part of a pop-up window, then the window of the running full-screen application window will be minimized.

15. trjam

trjam Registered Member

the new Kaspersky, sucks. I paid for it and they can keep it. It takes a rocket scientist to find anything detected and to decipher it. User friendly it aint. Good luck Jerry with it, you wont be happy. But I will let up as I am known for terrorizing AV companys from the other side of the earth.

The problem isnt the ability f the product but in how it is laid out. Damn good detection, but it is all the fluff that is going to kill it.

16. Jin K

Jin K Registered Member

what the thing that you dont like on it

its work fine here :thumb:

17. trjam

trjam Registered Member

ok, let me make this simple. It works great lke it should. It is the ease, or comfortability of the user to retreive and understand the data presented. That, is a laborous task now.

18. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

IMHO, KAV/KIS 2009 is just as easy to configure as KAV/KIS 7. The only thing that really changed drastically is the addition of HIPS. Other than that, it's pretty much the same settings-wise.

19. lodore

lodore Registered Member

plus all known safe files dont get any prompts which makes it eaiser for the user. it minimizes fp's

20. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Hi Jeff,
    I have been looking for an excuse to try F-Secure 2009, but since KIS is running so well, I hate to disturb the "sleeping dog." But if I have any problems with KIS I will go back to FS and see how it runs.

So far, however, .454 is running great.

Regards,
    Jerry

21. lodore

lodore Registered Member

hi jerry,
    f-secure 2009 is still in beta. its very decent thou.
    454 is working alot better than 357 a.b.c

22. TaInTeD_SnIpEr

TaInTeD_SnIpEr Registered Member

Build .454 running great over here as well.

23. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks, Lodore.
    I thought it still was, but until I have some reason to uninstall KIS I probably won't try it. I think you tried it, didn't you?
    FS is my second favorite.

Regards,
    Jerry

24. lodore

lodore Registered Member

hello jerry,
    i sure did test it.
    f-secure 2009 is fantastic.

25. fce

fce Registered Member

thanks!

i just installed the new version....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.