Kaspersky 2006/Kis 2006 beta1 released.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Don Pelotas, Nov 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Last edited: Nov 1, 2005
  2. nicM

nicM nico-nico

...they are punctual!

And Thanks for the link :)

3. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Don ...can you clarify what this means exactly in known bugs...

12. Concurrent installation of the Kaspersky Anti-Virus and Outpost personal firewall is prohibited under Windows 98

tia
    ellison

4. .....

..... Registered Member

ellison64, that means if you use windows 98 and outpost firewall KAV won't install.

5. Don Pelotas

It means you can't use them together on W98 ATM.:)

6. ellison64

Thank you both for clarification.......Ive just reinstalled windows and previously used the beta 207 with outpost with no problems,however after reinstalling windows and using 222a i did indeed experience problems , so using nod for the time being.Looking foreward to the fix :)
    thanks again
    ellison

7. Don Pelotas

Ellison, you can use Outpost with with the beta version 222b, you just have to disable port 80, 25 & 110 in the webscan module for the time being, if you download & use the 2006 suite, the problem doesn't exist.:)

8. ellison64

Thanks for that tip Don...A day or so ago i renewed licence for nod , so ill probably stay with that until Kav finals out early in the new year.I will still have about 6 months left on my kav licence so will upgrade to 6 proper then.After tasting 6 beta for a while i didnt want to go back to kav 5 either :).Unusually kav 6 is better on w98resources ( gdi ,system ,user) on my machine ,than the current nod which suprised me , so looking forward to the final release now.
    Thanks again
    ellison

9. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

I read you need a license to use the beta version and that Kav 5 licenses don't work, is that true?

dja2k

Last edited: Nov 2, 2005
  10. ellison64

Kav 5 licencse doesnt work with beta , but when you install beta just choose "activate later" option on the key prompt screen .You will then be allowed updates etc until the beta key expires which is late jan or early feb i believe.
    ellison.

11. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Thanks! I already installed it and put activate later. Everything seems to be working fine for now...:D

By the way, do you think that the proactive registry protection included in KAV 2006 is as good as RegDefend seeing that you can add your own rules making RegDefend obsolete, not that I would want to remove RegDefend any time soon. Although Kav 2006 has 81 registry key protection compared to the 85 or so that RegDefend comes standard with. RegDefend does take priority first then Kav second as I noticed RegDefend pops up first, though when RegDefend is disabled, Kav is quite quick like RegDefend.

dja2k

Last edited: Nov 2, 2005
  12. nicM

nicM nico-nico

About licence: I got it in the release note txt file, in the link provided by Don Pelotas.

I'm taken aback by this new Kaspersky :eek: : this is the lightest AV I've ever seen, the GUI was nicely improved, and it's running very smooth: wow! :eek: There are few settings that I can't see here (heuristics, network protection, etc).

Think I've found my next one *puppy*

13. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I will I check it out when I buy my new PC next week, but I have to say that I hope that it has improved a lot in the last couple of months because if I check out the KAV forum it seems that it has been extremely buggy. :eek:

14. Don Pelotas

Of course it's been buggy, it's a beta, but how much is debateble, on my pc it has been very stable in last builds and this is also why it's now an official beta from version 222b and on.:)

15. woobook

woobook Registered Member

I think KIS 2006 is very good, especially I am interested in its proactive protection. Maybe I shall buy it. But I learn in many place that its KAH is not good, many people like use KAV + other firewall. I dont like such way, I like a antivirus with its own firewall.
    Would any body tell me what is its weak point.

16. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Well they have significantly improved Anti-Hacker in KIS2006...

17. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

I have had no problems with the offical beta from KAV 2006. I see no bugs in it so far. The proactive module is working fine also. If and when I see a problem, I will report back, but so far it is running smoothly.

dja2k

18. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

We already polished it nearly to perfection ;) There is still lots of work to be done for Proactive Defense, but apart from taht, everything appears to be working fine. KL guys just have to fix few bitmaps here and there and their ready. Of course there will be more compatibility testing in the end...

19. GoD

GoD Registered Member

its about time i give KAV 2006 beta 1 a try..
    Thanks for the heads up DON ;)

20. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

About there is still lots of work to be done for Proactive Defense, what do you mean? What part of it isn't working good? Is the work for improvements or fixing current bugs?

dja2k

21. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

It's way to sensitive triggering on things that it shouldn't.
    Some parts also appear incomplete...

22. GoD

GoD Registered Member

KAV 2006 beta 1
    Seems very stable for a beta 1 release so far.
    1- Hanged my computer for a couple of seconds when startup scan was initiated ( had to disable it from running after reboot - added it to a schd. time )

Tested this famous leak site:
    http://www.firewallleaktester.com/leaktest11.htm

Using KAV 2006 Only. It managed to block ALL of the tests.. which has never been done before by one program (based on my experience)

Excellent job KAV.. having faith in your product was never a mistake. Keep it up.

23. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

AntiHacker is what is screwing up this site and the Kaspersky boards. I never knew with the earlier betas exactly what was doing it. If I turn off AntiHacker, I can post here without problems and at the Kaspersky boards. If I have AntiHacker running, when I try to post at these two sites, I get a download box for showthread.php. I cancel the download but Fx is still sitting on the page where I type my post. I can't tell whether it has posted or not. I have to just go to the thread and look. This is getting a bit tiresome. Every beta has done this. Otherwise, so far, this beta is looking very good.

24. Brandon

Brandon Registered Member

Looks good so far just way too much popups for training mode for AntiHacker...Even I choose "All Activity" a ton of popups from AntiHacker still come up..All this happens just by opening IE.

Regards,

Brandon

25. octogen

octogen Registered Member

Has anyone tried running KAV 2006 along with Process Guard and RegDefend? The reason I ask is that I notice in the features sheet for KAV 2006, it will do a lot of what Process Guard (e.g. Rootkit Detection, Anti-Hook, Code Injection and RegDefend do. Should conflicts arise I was also wondering if there is a way to turn some of these features off. If not, I wonder if Kaspersky Labs will offer a Lite version, i.e. AV only. So many questions....:rolleyes: Thanks in advance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.