KAS 7, 3 year license, raise your hand.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by trjam, May 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Anyone get a return email from Kaspersky support yet? Nope? Didnt think so. SOL, all of us.

2. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

None yet. Does not look good but let us see.

Gary

3. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

I truly hope that KL shows we Systweak bargain hunters some love. KIS7 TR is running like a dream on my machine, swift and nimble surfing. Not noticing any slowdown with my 20 MBPS cable connection.

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Well I hope they do. As Chris said, "A license is a license." But I think this is Kaspersky way of evening the score for this mess. Part of me does not blame them. I mean if I had just shelled out full price, I would be very unhappy. But they did ok it in the end and by not coming through would do them more harm then the 100 or more free licences they gave away at CastleCops.

5. sunrise

sunrise Registered Member

Now tht the KIS 7 is now TR, i have just send a request support via the personal cabinet regarding the 3 yr key activation for KIS 7. let's see what the reply will be..

6. SKA

SKA Registered Member

Pardon if OT:

Can anyone give me the actual link to where on Kaspersky's website we may convert Systweak code
    into a commercial keyfile ?

Or do we have to only email to support /helpdesk ?

Thanks !
    SKA

7. ankupan

ankupan Registered Member

https://activation.kaspersky.com/

8. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

9. sunrise

KL support just replied me...I have the 3 yrs key too. Their reply was to ask me to direct this question to Unistal instead....:(
    now waiting for unistal reply... i guess more or less, they r not going to provide free upgrade for those with 3 yrs key..

10. trjam

trjam Registered Member

No problem, Hello ESS, see ya Kas.:cautious:

11. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

It's still too early to make that assumption. :doubt:

12. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I remember Unistal saying a few months back that the upgrade "should" be free (not speaking of this offer directly, but since it was about another product which also had KIS bundled, well) :doubt:

The problem is that in this case the Systweak keys are licensed to HCL. I hope Unistal doesn't tell people to contact HCL about this. It depends largely upon whether HCL would allow version upgrades. Typically, in bundled AVs, as long as database remains the same product upgrades are not handled by the PC vendor (in India).

@Don Pelotas: Keys bought for 5.0 will not work? :eek:
    Does this mean people who purchased multi year license for 5.0 when it was the latest are not going to get the upgrade to 7.0? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Strange thing is, Kaspersky should know the answer to this question. But if things turn out the BAD way, there's an excellent sales opportunity for Kaspersky to introduce a discounted upgrade price.

13. sunrise

Well,

i have send an email to Unistal, (unistal@unistal.com), now waiting to see their reply, but perhaps like what u said, may ask me to refer to HCL. then HCL ask to refer to KL lol... anyway, whatever it is, it is then. 3 yrs for KIS 6 im fine..very soon now, with the launch of KIS 7, ESS will be out pretty soon too. and after using 1 yr plus/2 yrs of KIS 6, then its a good time to see which bundle is the best in terms of value between KL and ESS. judging from the pricing now, seems KL is definitely above my means, 1 year license selling at 50 EUR....

Last edited: May 22, 2007
  14. SKA

SKA Registered Member

Sincere thanks to both ankupan & zapjb !

SKA

15. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Well I just got a email from Kaspersky support where I asked the following,"Will the 3 year license to KIS I bought from Systweak for purchasing their product Memory Zipper, be good with Kaspersky version 7 when it is released." They will change out the key, but you need to wait.

And they said,"Hi,

Yes, you can upgrade your 6.0 to 7.0 for free.

Regards,

Blanked out by me.

16. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

People who bought a multi year license from v5 on are able to use the license for version 7. The only problem is that the key itself is somewhat different so kaspersky needs to change these keys to v7. Offcourse upgrades are free

17. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

@trjam
    I thought the biggest Avira fan?;)

18. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Tides are always changing.:cool: Ditched them when they could not remove 2 trojans and it took Kasperskys advance disenfection to do it. Sold me then. I just dont install the web portion and use sandboxie, works like a charm and no slow down.

19. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

Haha
    Big wave than in your case.
    You were the biggest Avira Die Hard

20. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Wish I could be sure my Systweak key will work before 30 day trial code ends and I would put KIS 7 back on in a heartbeat. Thanks for info. Good news!

Gary

21. Crappopotamus

Crappopotamus Registered Member

So if they are telling us to contact uninstal, then KL may already know that those $19 keys aren't working by someone's design. More time goes along I'm thinking that license was for 6 and only 6.

22. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Read my post above, they are going to replace them, but I would wager not before official release.:)

23. Crappopotamus

Crappopotamus Registered Member

If the above is the full text of the email they sent back, then I see nothing that completely addresses the issue at hand. Of course a 6 -> upgrade should be free, but I see nothing that says they will change the key out for us systweak people..

24. SKA

SKA Registered Member

Well Crapo...s

You have 2 ways to activate KAV/KIS:

a] use activation code (that you get on purchase) in Service - Update(or similiar) menu in main KAV/KIS screen,

OR

b] convert code into a keyfile by enter your email address,& your country here(thanks to ankupan & zapjb) :

In this case you get a download link for a zipfile that contains your keyfile & your Customer ID, password to
    login in future for renewal etc.

You may use either method a] or b] for your Systweak code after version 7x is released, which its not as yet.

Presently your code should work with KAV/KIS 6x, which is latest released version.

HTH,but pls note I'm just a user ,not a dealer/rep for KAV.

SKA

Last edited: May 23, 2007
  25. trjam

trjam Registered Member

If you have one of the infamous Systeak licences, it will be honored, when, the suite is officially released. Kaspersky is not going to forget us cheapos. They have every intention of honoring them. So continue to try the beta out with the trial key or keep using 6. Thanks Kaspersky for the great support.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.