Kas 6, Prevx1 and ? Spy Sweeper

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by austin1257, Sep 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. austin1257

austin1257 Infrequent Poster

Are Prevx1 and Kas AV compatible. Also would adding Spy Sweeper to this combination be overkill. Thanks.

2. chaos

chaos Registered Member

Yes as long as you do a custom installation of Kav 6 and you dont install the ProactiveDefenseModule(PDM) component.
    If you activate Prevx1 and Kav PDM at the same time there will be conflicts.

As long as SpySweeper is concerned I must say that version 5.0( 1608 ) is a complete failure.
    It has bugs and it is a complete resource hog.I have the paid version for 2 years and I am just waiting the next build to see if the issues will be resolved so I can again enable the real time shields.For the moment I am running as real time ewido 4 + SuperAntispyware Pro (Trial) and this combination is really safe and much faster than Spysweeper.
    By the way my system has an Athlon 64 4400+(dual core) 1Gb of Ram and the operating system is running on Raid of 2 Raptors 74Gb so I don't think that the Spysweeper slow down is something that is because of my pc.

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

hi, I would like to point out when i asked this question at kaspersky fourm Don said he is running full kis except antispam along with prevx1 so it is compaible.

4. egghead

egghead Registered Member

yes, runs flawlessly on my rig.

No need for an AntiSpyware proggie.
    I used to double check once a month with an on demand AS scanner: nothing has ever been found except some cookies.:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.