jv16 PowerTools 2014 updated x

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by NICK ADSL UK, Mar 11, 2015.

1. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

jv16 PowerTools update released
    Version 4.2.0.1942 is now available!

Change Log – What’s New
    (compared to jv16 PowerTools build 4.2.0.1919)

Here is a complete list of bug fixes and improvements that we did since jv16 PowerTools – Version 4.2.0.1919 was last released on November 2nd, 2018:

Bug Fixes
    • Fix: The software can fail to start after installation and display an error message about not being able to create a directory.
    • Fix: The software can display an “Stack Overflow” or “Access Violation” message during Initial Setup or Clean and SpeedUp My Computer scan, which makes it impossible to use the software.
    • Fix: If user attempts to uninstall many software with the Software Uninstaller AND also uninstall jv16 PowerTools as one of these software, the operation will fail as after jv16 PowerTools is uninstalled, the uninstallation of any remaining software will not take place as jv16 PowerTools cannot uninstall them as itself has already been uninstalled.
    • Fix: In the case you are using jv16 PowerTools in a computer which has been turned on over 31 days, jv16 PowerTools can display an error message of “Range check error” relating to function LoadColumnWidths.
    • Fix: If the software’s installation directory has been corrupted, the software can start with a visually corrupted user interface missing all the texts.
    • Fix: The software can display a “Range Check Error” message during Initial Setup or Clean and SpeedUp My Computer scan.
    • Fix: The software can display “System Error. Code: 1400. Invalid window handle.” error message.
    • Fix: The Initial Setup can be very slow in Windows Vista and Windows 8 based systems taking over 15 minutes to run.
    • Fix: The Clean and SpeedUp My Computer scan can fail to complete at its final step and show “Out of Memory” error message.
    • Fix: Certain tools, such as the first step of the Clean and SpeedUp My Computer, or the Duplicate File Finder shows a status bar at the bottom of the window while there is no need to show it and it is always empty.
    • Fix: In some systems the Duplicate File Finder does not ever find any duplicate files.
    • Fix: Uninstalling certain software with the Software Uninstaller can cause the program to show “Out of Memory” error message.
    • Fix: If you enter a directory as an input to the Wipe Files tool, the tool will fail with an error message of “Failed to access directory” even if the directory can be accessed.
    Feature Improvements
    • Improvement: The Initial Setup will now run up to 80% faster.
    • Improvement: Improved compatibility with jv16 PowerTools and Dragon NaturallySpeaking, Corel WordPerfect and Adobe Acrobat Reader.
    • Improvement: The software will now start faster, especially in cases where the software has been installed in to the system for a long time.
    • Improvement: The Software Uninstaller will now find a lot more left-over files and directories of installed software.
    https://www.macecraft.com/download/...123524173&mc_cid=3e1857ca92&mc_eid=45eb5bd5dd

2. mood

mood Updates Team

jv16 PowerTools Update Released – Version 4.2.0.1968 (December 28, 2018)
    Announcement
    Download

Change Log – What’s New (compared to jv16 PowerTools build 4.2.0.1942)
    Bug Fixes
    • Fix: The Initial Setup may fail with an error message “Stack Overflow” on some systems.
    • Fix: On some systems, especially if a lot of installed software, the Initial Setup can take over 10 minutes to complete or it can freeze entirely.
    • Fix: The Clean and SpeedUp My Computer may show an “Access Violation” error message during the scan.
    • Fix: The user interface may flicker or elements inside the user interface can jump around while the software is starting or when a tool is starting.
    • Fix: The Clean and SpeedUp My Computer may freeze up and never complete on some systems.
    Feature Improvements
    • Improvement: Greatly improved the overall smoothness of the user interface and its response time.
    • Improvement: The Initial Setup will now run up to 50% faster than previously.
    • Improvement: The progress bar of the Initial Setup now moves smoother and better shows the actual progress of the process.
    • Improvement: Greatly improved the accuracy of the Software Uninstaller’s ability to find the installed software and leftovers from the system.
    • Improvement: Added new safety mechanisms to protect the user against false positive detections by the Most Aggressive scan mode of the Clean and SpeedUp My Computer.
    • Improvement: Improved the compatility of the software with many popular third party software such as Corel WordPerfect, Microsoft Office and Adobe products.
    • Improvement: Since this build contains many important stability and usability related fixes, we are offering a new 60 day trial period. Even if you have tried jv16 PowerTools before, install this version and you will get a new, free 60 day trial period!

3. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Right on!!

4. mood

mood Updates Team

jv16 PowerTools Update Released – Version 4.2.0.2002 (February 14, 2019)
    Announcement
    Download

Change Log – What’s New (compared to jv16 PowerTools build 4.2.0.1968)
    Bug Fixes
    • Fix: The Clean and SpeedUp My Computer or Initial Setup can fail with an “Access Violation” error message on some systems.
    • Fix: The Duplicate File Finder may not find any duplicate files (always shows an empty result list) on some systems.
    • Fix: Clicking the Clean and SpeedUp My Computer or Startup Optimizer may not open the tool and just reload the main program window.
    • Fix: Enabling or Disabling automatically starting software with the Startup Manager can cause duplicate rows of data to show up on screen.
    • Fix: The Duplicate File Finder can fail to complete its scan with “Access Violation” error message.
    Feature Improvements
    • Improvement: Improved the accuracy of the Software Uninstaller.
    • Improvement: The Startup Manager now show more accurate data of the automatically starting software in the system.
    • Improvement: The Duplicate File Finder will now automatically sort the found duplicate files by their file size. Before, the sorting order was random and it was not possible to manually sort by size either.

5. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

thank you

6. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

jv16 PowerTools v 4.2.0.2004 Released

Whats New:
    Bug Fixes
    • Fix: Running the software could show an error message about Integer Overflow. This is purely a cosmetic issue.
    • Fix: The Clean and SpeedUp My Computer can display an error message about an Access Violation the moment the scan has completed. While this problem does not cause any harm to the system, it may prevent user from completing the CSMC scan.
    • Fix: On some systems and only affecting specific types of shortcut files, the CSMC can display shortcuts from user's Start Menu as broken shortcuts even if they are not broken. This affects for example the Windows 10's Math Input Panel's shortcut file in the Start Menu.
    Feature Improvements
    • Improvement: The Duplicate File Finder will list the results sorted by size, starting with the biggest files.

Download: jv16 PowerTools
    Whats New

7. mood

mood Updates Team

jv16 PowerTools Update Released – Version 4.2.0.2005 (February 18, 2019)
    Announcement
    Download

Change Log – What’s New (compared to jv16 PowerTools build 4.2.0.2004)
    Bug Fixes
    • Fix: The Duplicate File Finder can list duplicate files of specific size under wrong categories, which can cause the user to incorrectly think all of them are identical with each other while they are not.
    • Fix: The “Download Handbook” option doesn’t always work in the installer. This issue is addressed by removing the option from the installer.
    Feature Improvements
    • Improvement: The Duplicate File Finder will list the results sorted by size, starting with the biggest files.

8. mood

mood Updates Team

jv16 PowerTools Update Released – Version 4.2.0.2009 (March 15, 2019)
    Announcement
    Download

Change Log – What’s New (compared to jv16 PowerTools build 4.2.0.2005)
    Bug Fixes
    • Fix: In some systems the Initial Setup and Software Uninstaller may freeze during scanning.
    • Fix: The Duplicate File Finder may show “Range check error” when run.
    • Fix: Clicking the Start button in File Cleaner or Duplicate File Finder without editing the default tool settings can cause the tool showing “Directory does not exist” error message.
    • Fix: The Clean and SpeedUp My Computer does not always honor the Global Ignore List defined in the program settings for all types of registry errors.
    • Fix: The Delete button in Clean and SpeedUp My Computer’s result view can incorrectly be captioned with “Uninstall” rather than “Delete”. This is purely a cosmetic issue.
    • Fix: The Software Uninstaller does not honor the Global Ignore List.
    Feature Improvements
    • Improvement: Improved the safety of the temporary file detection in File Cleaner and Clean and SpeedUp My Computer.
    • Improvement: Improved the accuracy of the Clean and SpeedUp My Computer.
    • Improvement: Major improvements of accuracy and safety in the Software Uninstaller.
    • Improvement: The program will no longer ask if you wish to restart your computer to collect more startup time information in the case the program’s trial period has already expired.

9. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.