jv16 PowerTools 2014 updated 3.2.0.1344.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by NICK ADSL UK, Sep 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

jv16 PowerTools 2014 updated

An updated version of jv16 PowerTools 2014 released. The updated version contains the following changes.

•Fix: Registry Cleaner and Clean and Fix My Computer can in some rare cases report valid data as invalid.
    •Fix: The program could crash to “The program seems to be frozen” message.
    •Fix: When using the program in other language than English, the Registry Compactor may show an Internal Error message while compacting.
    •Fix: In some tools, such as History Cleaner, the window loses its focus while the tool is loading, which makes it impossible to use the tool with only the keyboard.
    •Fix: Startup Manager can, in some systems, crash when generating its list.
    •Fix: If you uninstall PowerTools 2014 without checking “Remove settings”, the settings can still be removed by the Uninstaller.
    •Improvement: Enhanced the speed and accuracy of the registry cleaning engine.
    •Improvmeent: Deleting only temp files with Clean and Fix My Computer produces a backup that is shown under Other backups in the Backup tool, instead of File backups where it should be.
    •Improvement: Enhanced the speed in which Backup tool generates its list.
    •Improvement: Backup tool now automatically opens the first section with backups in it.
    •Improvement: Enhanced the speed in which Custom Restore backup works.
    •Improvement: Registry Compactor and the Delete Files/Folders/Reg data on System Restart features now work even if there is no full write access to the C:\ drive.
    •Improvement: Startup Manager’s New function allows you to browse also shortcuts (.lnk) instead of only executables (.exe).

The new version’s version number is 3.2.0.1344. After downloading and installing the new version, please open the Help > About window to verify you are running the latest version. Some browsers tend to cache the installation file and therefore you might not receive the latest version but the same old version you have previously downloaded.

You can install the new version over any previous versions of jv16 PowerTools 2014.
    The new version can be downloaded from here: download jv16 PowerTools 2014.

http://www.macecraft.com/download/jv16-powertools-2014/

2. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

I believe that this release is in fact an upgrade that must be paid for ($5.95) if you are an existing user...at least that is what the jv16PT auto update function informed me when I last opened the app.

To be honest I am not sure that it is worth it, especially given that it was also $5.95 to upgrade from v2 to v3...not that long ago. But each needs to weigh up the relative pros & cons given what is reported as changed (fixed).

3. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Yes, after having recently bought the 2013 version (it was not released that long ago) they want more money to upgrade to this. I refuse to pay for upgrades of the same software twice in the same year. Plus when I bought the 2013 I started getting fraudulent charges on my credit card within hours of making the purchase. I am likely to never buy this product again. :mad:

4. mantra

mantra Registered Member

thanks for the news

but can this version create a startup program with delay?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.