jv power tools 2010

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by stratoc, Jun 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stratoc

stratoc Guest

2. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

At last...:)
    Macecraft has produced fine software.
    Since it was released, I've used the 2010 version without any problem.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  3. stratoc

stratoc Guest

it has indeed been an age. i love this version though and all is working very well.

4. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

JV16 is starting to loose my vote of confidence.

The second I get this thing installed and run it, it crashes right from the get go.

Also the last two versions weren't working that great, you could run like 5-6 scans and it would keep showing problems. Before these versions in the past, one scan was all it took.

Also the last version before the 2010 came out the program killed some apps that needed reinstalling and messed up the system a little. This was the first time I had ever had problems with Jv16 since this program began.

I don't know what's going on with the developer, but it seems like fancier looking GUIs and bells and whistles are the order of the day and a more buggy program.

The deception is, the program looks simple enough to use and of course simple enough to mess you up if you don't pay attention or know what you're doing.

I've always stuck with jv16, because I'm not even sure anyone can even come close, but this program really needs some serious attention in the department of just simply making it work properly.

I'm really at the point to start looking for something better.

5. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

I agree that most of the 2010 version seems to be cosmetic interface changes, some of which I like and some I don't. I upgraded yesterday from 2008 (skipped 2009 for whatever reason).

Two of the new "features" puzzled me, and I've posted questions about them at the Macecraft forums. For one, I'd like to get rid of that slow fade-out fade-in effect when you close a tool's window to return to the main one, and couldn't find any setting for that.

And I like the new quantitative (percentage) display of "health" when it starts up, and was curious whether there's a log or report that JV-16 generates so I can see what it considers shortcomings.

I'll post back here if I get answers to either or both of the above from Macecraft. Or, of course, if anyone here has already found solutions, by all means let us know.

6. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

You may have a problem unique to your set up. I haven't experienced any crashes etc. as you mentioned. As they specify, don't check off anything unless you know what you're eliminating. :doubt:

7. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

Regardless of cosmetic changes, it has a new registry scanning engine. Go here to see what's new.

btw - It installed on both of my computers without any issues and seems to be running fine.

8. littlebits

littlebits Registered Member

Does anyone know what Anti-Malware engine is used to scan your files?
    I can't find any info.

Thanks.:)

9. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

One of the users there did help me with this one, it involves a manual editing of what is in effect is an ini file.

Look for the file interface.dat in the subfolder tree where PT is installed. Down towards the bottom, in the section headed Effects, two items relate to fading, change the values for both to False. Worked just fine for me.

"JV16" hisself also replied and said he'd consider having the icon-fading option in the Settings menu also control this in a near-future upgrade, which I agreed would be a big help.

No reply yet regarding my health-percentage question (as of last night, anyway, haven't looked there today).

10. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Nope, just a buggy program, the fact is JV16 hasn't been doing to hot in the last few versions either.

I've been using this program since it started and it's had it's downs recently.

To much bloat going on now, not enough effort it seems in making it work properly.

Granted most software to some extent or another has bugs but to have them in a registry program can really mean trouble.

11. acuariano

acuariano Registered Member

they should relwease another version witout the bloat..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.