Juzt Reboot (Instant Recovery)

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Rasheed187, Jun 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

A lot of people are talking about products like FirstDefense ISR and Rollback Rx, both products look cool, but what about hardware based Instant Recovery tools like Juzt Reboot? Has anyone tried these tools, and are they just as good as the software based solutions? TIA for any comments. :)

http://www.juzt-innovations.co.uk/juzt-reboot.htm

2. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

interesting I did look at this type of product before FD

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

A software solution, like FDISR, offers a trial period. If you don't like it, you don't buy it.

This is a hardware solution and you don't know in advance how it works in practice unless you buy and try it.
    Will you get your money back, if you don't like it ?

4. Rasheed187

Yeah that´s another problem Erik Albert, but I was wondering if they are offering the exact same as FD ISR and Rollback, from what I´ve read so far most people who have tested this device are quite impressed. They have tried to destroy partitions, the MBR and data in every possible way, but the system was up and running in a matter of seconds again.

But this still is no backup solution right? I mean if the HDD dies and you haven´t made any backups, you´re still screwed I assume? But the software based solutions have the same problems if I´m correct. Maybe a stupid question but I´m a complete rookie when it comes to backup/restoring solutions.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2006
  5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

The main disadvantage is that u have only one restore point.

6. ErikAlbert

Rasheed,
    I consider backup as a MUST and I will never ditch my backup software for any immediate system recovery solution.
    If I had to choose between Acronis True Image and FirstDefense-ISR, I would keep Acronis True Image without any doubt, because ATI is able to save my computer in ANY situation as long I do my backups regularly.

When I bought my new computer, the very first thing I took care of was my backup.
    I also use FirstDefense-ISR, because it's very convenient and faster to restore my system than ATI.
    In practice FD-ISR saves my system much more than ATI and of course FD-ISR has other very interesting features, which are impossible with ATI.

I'm not afraid of anything anymore since I have both softwares on my computer.
    At this moment, the maximum restore time is 40 minutes, which is nothing compared with a manual re-installation of winXPproSP4 and all my other softwares, including their configuration which also takes alot of time. :)

7. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Erik, has Microsoft released Service Pack 4 for Windows XP? I can't find anything on it.
    How did you manage to get your hands on SP4 for Windows XP?

8. Rasheed187

Thanks for the feedback ErikAlbert, I guess I will also have to checkout Acronis True Image, but I´m still not sure about which system restore solution to buy. In one review I´ve read that Juzt Reboot and Radix Protector offer more than FD ISR and are even cheaper.

@ Aigle, how did you manage to figure this out? I would really be disappointed if it didn´t work as Rollback rx. :doubt:

9. ErikAlbert

Sorry type error. Old habit from win2000proSP4. I ment winXPproSP2 :D

10. ErikAlbert

For me, you don't have to use Acronis True Image, that is just a name.
    BootItNG/IFW/IFD have also a good reputation and ShadowStor seems also to have a good backup software, but I don't remember the name.
    But working without any form of backup is irresponsible.

11. Rasheed187

OK I will check them out, but which tools do you mean with IFW/IFD? And btw, I´ve read a bit more info and I think I will likely choose for a hardware based solution like Juzt Reboot or Radix Protector. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.