Just want to share my experience.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by kupo, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kupo

kupo Registered Member

Today, I experienced my most annoying problem with Windows Update. I have been experiencing error 8024402F (yep, I kinda memorized it after looking tons of solution.) At first I restore my yesterday's image, but still Windows Update is still not working with the same error. I found many solutions regarding this problem, adding Windows Servers to trusted sites in IE, renaming SoftwareDistribution (they say the possibility of corruption), disabling Windows Firewall, etc. Then I remembered that I changed my router yesterday, I tried different connection but still failed.

The solution I've got that worked, changing the DNS server. (I still have no idea how changing my DNS server solve the issue). Just want to share it. :D
    EDIT: Oh, if anyone's interested, here is my windowsupate log during the problem -http://sebsauvage.net/paste/?78e98cc88671a530#bzXyPz0YJ6noMyRwr5Awjr6Ij7mCXiqEes5V92DTWG0=

2. Victek

Victek Registered Member

What was the DNS set to when it wasn't working, and what did you change it to that seemed to get it working? A simple way to confirm would be to change it back and see if you lose access again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.