Just re-installed Spyware Blaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by twocvsix, Oct 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twocvsix

twocvsix Registered Member

Having re-formatted my HD, I re-installed Spyware Blaster. Now, when I check for updates, each time I do, there appears to be a download taking place. The progress bar flashes on and off several times, and the name of the updates, briefly appears. when this is completed, I get a message saying that zero items are unprotected.

Now, when I had the program loaded previously, If I downloaded the updates, I had to manually click on, "enable all protection". Also, if I checked for updates shortly after having already done so, I would get a message saying that "No Updates Are Available" Now this doesn't happen. It just goes through the motions of a download.

When I run Lavasoft Ad-Aware, It now always finds some "critical" files to remove, where previously, it was highly unusual for any spyware to get past Spyware Blaster. I am just wondering if in fact, my protection is getting updated at all. I've tried downloading the program again and re-installing it.

I am running Windows XP Pro with service pack 2 installed. The only difference, is now, I'm using IE6 and Outlook Express, where previously, I was using Firefox and Thunderbird.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this problem??

Many thanks, Dave.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.