Just me? Can't get v3.5.1 to load at all ...

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Wes Fisher, Feb 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wes Fisher

Wes Fisher Registered Member

I've run several searches, but can't find anyone else with the same issue, so help / suggestions are appreciated ....

I am running a very clean version of WIN XP Pro. I regularly run reliable Spyware software such as HijackThis, Ad-Aware SE & Spybot S&D (all current versions) at least once a week. I have no PC issues that I'm aware of, but after downloading SpywareBlaster v3.5.1, I can't get the program to load at all. I keep getting that pesky little Microsoft Error Message that asks me if I want to send the report to Microsoft. That's it.

I tried to download from not only the JavaCool site, but MajorGeeks & Download.com as well, in the hope that the problem was in the download, but same problem every time, regardless of where I get the download.

Everything else works fine, including all other Spyware programs. I've used SpywareBlaster in the past & would like to have it in my preventive arsenal, but have run out of ideas. All I can think of is perhaps getting a hold of an older version & then upgrading from within the program, but not sure if that will help.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Wes

P.S.- not getting any specific error messages, like missing files, damadged or corrupted ..., .dll errors, etc ... just Microsoft general error message, followed by "do you want to send a report to microsoft?"

2. twigy

twigy Registered Member

I am having the same problem. I had the older version and when I installed the new version, when I try to launch it I get error massage " This program has performed an illegal operation and will shut down". I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the older version and now it won't load with the same error message so I uninstalled it also. To bad it is a good program and I hate to give it up but just won't work.

3. Wes Fisher

Wes Fisher Registered Member

I guess I'll just check periodically for the next version & hope it tastes better so my PC doesn't spit it up.

4. mhf

mhf Registered Member

Same here - I've been using Spywareblaster now for a long time with no problems at all, then I updated to v3.5.1 and it won't run, I think it even crashed my machine when trying to load it.
    Win xp sp1 with emerge desktop

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.