Just installed and performed initial scan

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by JRCATES, Jul 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

Well, I just downloaded and installed ewido anti-spyware 4.0.0.172 trial....and performed my first scan. Installation, setup and initial scan seemed to go pretty smooth, and the resident shield is active and doesn't seem to consume a lot of system resources. Nothing "major" was detected during the scan.....but it did detect several "cookies" that other AS programs (SuperAntiSpyware, Spyware Doctor, Ad-Aware, etc.) had not detected before.

The threat level was listed as "Medium".....and ALL of the cookies in question appeared to be located in two Mozilla (Firefox) folders. These locations were:

mozilla. C:\Documents and Settings\...\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\....

mozilla. C\Program Files\support.com\backup\co\cookies....

Since I have removed and deleted all cookies that I do not want, and have allowed other AS products to remove what has been considered "tracking" cookies previously.....is this just a "record" or log that ewido is reporting, rather than the actual cookies? I looked through the Firefox cookies listed through the Firefox browser (Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies) and don't see any of the cookies that ewido has reported. What should I do?

If I add them as an "exception"....I notice that it adds a rule saying to "Ignore ALL FILES..." in those specific locations (rather than just the individual or particular cookie in question). Any advice o_O

2. JRCATES

Anyone o_O Almost 120 views with no replies....surely someone knows and can help answer this.....

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Why do you care about cookies ? Cookies are not threat at all and you know that very well . Everyday I manually delete all cookies and temp stuff from my computer , you can do the same . Moreover it is even easier with Firefox cos it can be set to delete all temp things after being closed

4. JRCATES

Nice try, but NOT...the answer I was looking for. :doubt:

I'd really like to know the answer to this, so hopefully an ewido rep will see this thread (with 120+ views, I'm guessing one already has) and will provide some feedback.....

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Ewido Moderators are currently off-line . :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.