Just Got It

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by rugmankc, Jan 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rugmankc

rugmankc Registered Member

Installed NOD32 and deleted AVGFree8.0.

Like it alot. Not a computer expert, but easy to set up. Boot is twice as fast as AVG. Like the UI. Scan took the same time as AVG. But don't remember how many files AVG scanned compared to NOD32.

Questions?

1. Do I need ThreatSense.Net? Does, or can it, compromise my personal information, and by disabling, do I reduce NOD32's effectiveness? I read ESET's line on this, but looking for other opinions.

2. Can you not have the ESET logo come up at bootup?

Thanks,

Ken

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Have a look at this post in the tutorial on Threatsense and click on the answer links. https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1162051#post1162051 To disable splash screen click on setup in top right corner of main screen and choose advanced setup then on left hand side choose user interface. The setting is there although Eset won't load any faster.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  3. rugmankc

Thanks Hammer,

Good info!

I'll go thru the user guide and look at all the advanced settings. I think I am now set the way I want. At least for now. Is it advisable to download and scan for the EICAR file to test Real Time Protection, or is that just for consumer confidence.

What about my second question? Is that "Show Splash Screen at StartUp" under User Interface?

Ken

4. rugmankc

Solved the splash screen.

What about downloading the EICAR test file? Do most of you do that?

And, do I need Advanced Heuristics ticked on my options menus? It was not selected during my standard setup. My computer info is in my signature. I read the guide on it. But, no recommendations for different setups.

Thanks for the initial help,

Ken

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I didn't bother with the EICAR test file. I believe there are a few threads on the Advanced Heuristics.

6. rugmankc

Thanks Hammer,

So far I am impressed with NOD32.

Ken

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.