Just give me the Answer !!

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Huwge, Feb 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huwge

Huwge Registered Member

Posting here as the other post doesnt seem to be getting the replies. Can anyone please answer the questions, especially about the Recovery Disc (its an Alienware System. The 'Respawn Disc' is basically an image of the system as it was on delivery.....Norton Ghost I believe.....please someone answer :oops: :D

I found out today that my credit card has been used for fraudulently.

This card never leaves the house and is only used online (mostly at reputable sites like Amazon)

Discounting the possibility that someone working at one of the places I buy from has used my card details or passed them on the only other explanation as far as I can figure is that I'm infected

NOD32 Doesnt pick up anything. Same with Ewdio Online scan Adaware and MSAS.

I run NOD32 and Netveda Firewall.

I have looked at the processes and can see nothing strange (not that I'm any sort of expert)
    I dont surf 'dodgy' sites.

The transactions have only taken place in the last three weeks.

So..........

1. Will an earlier System Restore Point remedy the situation?

2. If no to the above will the Revcovery DVD (puts the machine back to the state it was in when I bought it) do the trick ?

3. Are there any other online scans recommended that I've missed ?

4. Where is the best place to post a HJT log to receive some attention ?

PS I just tried TrendMicro Online Scan and it comes back with two 'greyware' infections....TRAK_SE.77236 and TRAK_SE>77235. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

2. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

Hi huwge,

1. System Restore: doing a restore won't restore your credit details to the day you made this restore point...I hope you understand this: your money is gone, it stays gone... system restore is only for your system ... I wished there was a credit restore on my box too :D
    * if and only if your restore points are clean, it won't do any harm restoring your computer. (be sure to do a full system scan)
    * you can try Ewido and Spyware Doctor (trials) in safe mode ... always scan in safe mode btw
    * Kav and Ewido can clean up in system restore as well (KAV I'm sure but not all kind of infections and Ewido = I saw a report from someone here on this board mentioning Ewido cleaned some file in system restore but again possibly not all kind of infections) but I'm not too sure about the online Ewido scan.
    2. same answer as above imho
    3. try ewido and panda online scanner (download ewido and let it scan in safe mode)
    4. our forum (spyblocker-software) is down for some maintenance otherwise you could post your hjt log overthere, but you can pm it to me too, no prbs for me whatso ever.

** can you delete those trak files - where did trendmicro found those files btw?

scanning in safe mode with Ewido, Spyware Doctor (both trials) would give you a good idea how infected your pc is.

/Edit: have you considered that someone used this Credit Card from inside your house? like a relative/family member? ... I have my doubts that someone from Visa/Regsoft/... used your card cause what are the odds ... 1/10.000.000.000 ? that's a bit too much ... I would search closer to me ...

good luck

Last edited: Feb 9, 2006
  3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Let's stick with your original thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.