Just bought V5 - How to upgrade to V6?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Lilscoop, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lilscoop

Lilscoop Registered Member

I haven't installed the V5 version into my computer yet, and I don't have any ESET or other antivirus on my computer. ESET had told me once I purchased V5, just enter my serial information on their website and then I can go straight for the V6 download but I don't see a place to do this. The links I see in ESET's website either assume I'm working with a previously installed V5 version or think I want to purchase V6 from them or download the 30 day trial. Anyone know how I enter the activation key I have from V5 and then go straight for the V6 download without first having to install V5 on my computer? Thanks!:blink:

UPDATE: Answered my own question. Found the Quick Start Guide which states to begin the V5 installation and ESET will automatically recognize there is a later version available (V6) and provide the option at that point to download the latest version instead.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  2. wolliballa

wolliballa Registered Member

Just to add to your lucky experience:
    You can always download a full up-to-date version of any product following the download link at e.g. http://www.eset.com/download/home/ , select product you want and discover 'more options' which will allow you a full version (offline installer) fit for your operating system.

If you install a new version just over a running one (which is normally the case) you don't even need to re-enter your id/psw- data. But you may want to keep a printed copy of your purchase-order including license date at a safe place (just in case you need to do a fresh re-install)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.