Just bought ESS, License Question

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by berryracer, Mar 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

I have been a NOD32 user for 4 years, my license recently expired. So I used Avira for a while, then after being tired of so many false positives, I uninstalled it and tried AVG, and then Avast, they were all the same (Avira was the best of the FREE solutions), finally I tried Microsoft Security Essentials....that is a POS program....it took about 15 minutes to update only on my 2.4 GHz CPU and 4 GB Ram.....a scan of drive C: took about 2 hours (only 38 GB of data), I uninstalled it right away and purchased a 2 year license for ESS valid for use on 2 computers.

My questions is.....will this ESS license work if I only choose to install NOD32 AntiVirus without the Firewall component? Not gonna do this as it is dumb but I just want to know out of curiosity. Are they inter-compatible since ESS is the more expensive product?

2. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

Yes, you can install EAV with an ESS license, it will work just fine. Although I would recommend installing ESS and disabling what you don't want to use.

3. berryracer

Thanks for the confirmation. I have tried the ESS Demo and have no intention of disabling any of its features. I just purchased it and wanted to ask this question out of interest only :)

Thanks d00d

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

MSE is a very slow scanner, that"s well known. But 15 min to update? I'd suspect your system has issues independent of whatever Av you use.

5. berryracer

No man, I am not a n00b. I am an advanced tweaker on the My Digital Life Forums. System is maintained nad is performing top notch.

Windows 7 SP1 x64, registry cleaned via Auslogics Registry Cleaner, disk defragmented via PerfectDisk, Spyware scanned via SuperAntiSpyware FTW.....i know what im doing its not my system man.

MSE is the sh!zn!t

6. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

I must say (not to bash or anything), I've experienced the same thing on a somewhat older laptop with a freshly installed Windows Vista. It took about 20 minutes just to download and install updates on a 120Mbit connection.

7. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

Also, the Full Scans are terrible slow for MSE (64-bit version I used). It is quite a shame, because I like the concept of a simple antivirus with a simple user interface by Microsoft.

8. berryracer

ESS is performing just as good as NOD32 did on my system when I had it, I feel the same speed on my system :)

Its good to be home again :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.