Just a ??

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Detox, Feb 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

A little while back I used "Housecall" for my first time and it found a virus it called "Joke Smallpen" which manifested itself as a "Rumor.exe".. a hidden file in my windows directory. I deleted it of course and ran the scan again and have been clean ever since (upgraded my security methinks) but I find myself rather curious as to the nature of this monster... Anyone know or have a link to somewhere that a list can be found?

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

3. Zhen-Xjell

Zhen-Xjell Security Expert

Trend states it is not a destructive virus, just a joke:

http://www.antivirus.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=JOKE_SMALLPEN

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

lol

Same response - *nearly* the same time.

:D

5. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

hmm well I don't like jokes put on my puter either.. grr anyway that puts me at rest cause I know it didn't hurt anything.. never executed either... I think maybe it was in a joke email someone sent around, as I recall some email making msgs like that, but I was using Vcatch at the time and it let it slip. Anyway this forum continues to impress me with these fast accurate responses! I hope I can do something besides ask questions in here sometime but I dunno about that hehe...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.