JS.Trojan.WindowBomb

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Mary, Jul 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mary

Mary Guest

I downloaded a program from Eversoft called 1st Page 2000. When I ran the setup.exe file my NAV popped up and quarantined a file called "Six buttons from hell.izs" telling me that it was infected by JS.Trojan.WindowBomb.

Is it safe to just delete the file from the quarantine file or is there anything else I should do. o_O o_O

Thanks in anticipation

2. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

3. Mary

Mary Guest

Thanks Dan

Fortunately I'm kinda paranoid about keeping all my security software bang up to date and my NAV was updated yesterday. I'll delete it and scan again. Fortunately it looks like my NAV caught it before the infected files installed.

4. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Mary,

(Apologies, Dan!) this is a well known false positive; several antiviruses will pop up on this one. No harm in getting rid of it as for the program is concerned - but then again: no harm in keeping it.

regards.

paul

5. Dan Perez

Ah, thanks!, was unaware of that. ;)

6. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

My pleasure ;)

regards.

paul

7. Mary

Mary Guest

Thanks to both of you for answering, I got rid of it anyhow and the program seems to work ok. I'd rather be rid of something than have it alerting.

Your advice hs been greatly appreciated :D

8. Dan Perez

Glad to help,

Also, it may be unrelated but I went to the homepage and attempted to download the setup file but the file had been pulled, both from cnet downloads as well as the mirror site.

9. Mary

Mary Guest

:mad: Hmm..how strange, I downloaded it from the homepage about 8 weeks ago and hadn't done anything with it till I decided to have a play around with it last night. That's why I was so surprised when my NAV alarmed

Normally I would hand code all HTML but my husband wants me to do a rather complex web page for him so I decided to take the easy route and try the program. That will teach me !!!

Mary

10. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi Mary,

As long as you dont need any JavaScript in your webpages that pops up multiple windows you wont have any problems :)

Surprising any software would include such (semi)malicious scripts, enabling its users to create those annoying pages ! WindowBomb scripts can be used to pop up endless windows with no titlebar - no little X to click to close them.. of course ALT F4 works :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.