js.seeker

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Saruman the Wicked, Apr 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. When browsing Norton alerted me to the fact that it detected js.seeker.  I then scanned several times, with full updates, and found nothing.  WHat to do now?

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Hello Saruman,

Although you didn't mention the O/S installed, here's general info concerning js.seeker:

http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_98882.htm

Apart from that, there are several variants.

Could well be - depending on how you configured Norton - it has been dealt with. Nevertheles, the log file should provide info. I presume you performed a deep scan, all files included?

regards.

paul

3. root

root Registered Member

What probably happened is, you visited a site that tried to infect you with the JS.seeker virus. It would then be in your browser cache. A good AV will stop js.seeker from infecting you and changing your home page, etc. but most of the time keeps detecting it in the cache and says it can't remove it. Clear the cache and it's gone.
    In your case, either it was a false detection or somehow it did not end up in your cache.
    I have had it get as far as my cache a couple of times. No big deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.