JS/Exploitdialog.AUG

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Carianne, Jun 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carianne

Carianne Registered Member

I updated my mcafee yesterday and it found the above trojan name JS/Exploitdialog.AUG in file C:/Install.htm it can't be cleaned should I try and delete it? Or is there a way that I can remove this? I'm running WindowsME
    TIA

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there, and what is that instal.htm?
    That sounds suspicous in that place.
    Can you please look in [thread]15913[/thread] step #2 for posting your HijackThis log in that same forum and see what the experts might find for you? Also it would be appreciated if you zip the file and keep it untill we know if any of the developers wants it to be submitted to them.
    If the file was in your Temporary Internet Files folder i would have said "clean the caches and it should be gone"
    but now we don't know how that html page came in that location it's better to let the experts look if there might be more.

Looking forward what the experts might further advice you.

3. Carianne

Thanks posted my hijack log in the forum and no idea what it is but did notice it was created on 6/8 and the only thing I did that time was defrag etc and the install.htm not even sure where it's located just says that's what it is and it can't be cleaned as for adaware I have it nothing was found except cookies ;)

4. Carianne

ps. I noticed when I booted up this am something called trend chip away something or other I just also went mcafee's site and the recomended patch is a dat file which I assume I already have seeing it updated a few days ago and just found this thing yesterday Any advice?

5. Carianne

disregard It removed the trojan just now need someone to check my hijack log and tell me also how to fix the trend chip away thing in the bios (upon boot up)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.