joke of the day

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Rita, Nov 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

ROFL! THAT'S CUTE, BBOSS!

2. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

They Actually Wrote this
    Following questions and answers were collated from one of the past year?s British GCSE exams (16 year olds)!

Geography

Q: Name the four seasons.
    A: Salt, pepper, mustard and vinegar.

Q: Explain one of the processes by which water can be made safe to drink.
    A: Flirtation makes water safe to drink because it removes large pollutants like grit, sand, dead sheep and canoeists.

Q: How is dew formed?
    A: The sun shines down on the leaves and makes them perspire.

Q: What is a planet?
    A: A body of earth surrounded by sky.

Sociology

Q: What guarantees may a mortgage company insist on?
    A: If you are buying a house, they will insist you are well endowed.

Q: In a democratic society, how important are elections?
    A: Very important. Sex can only happen when a male gets an election.

Biology

Q: What happens to your body as you age?
    A: When you get old, so do your bowels and you get intercontinental.

Q: What happens to a boy when he reaches puberty?
    A: He says goodbye to his boyhood and looks forward to his adultery.

Q: Name a major disease associated with cigarettes.
    A: Premature death.

Q: What is artificial insemination?
    A: When the farmer does it to the bull instead of the cow.

Q: How can you delay milk turning sour?
    A: Keep it in the cow.

Q: What is the most common form of birth control?
    A: Most people prevent contraception by wearing a condominium.

Q: Give the meaning of the term *Caesarean Section.-
    A: The caesarean section is a district in Rome.

Q: What is a terminal illness?
    A: When you are sick at the airport

Removed off topic lines. Ron

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2005
  3. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

sorry about that one line in preceding joke--I just didnt think--like always--will have to be more careful :oops: :oops:

4. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Boots
    BOOTS!
    Anyone who has ever dressed a child will love this one!

Did you hear about the Texas Teacher who was helping one of her kindergarten students put on his cowboy boots? He asked for help and she could see why.

Even with her pulling and him pushing, the little boots still didn't want to go on. Finally, when the second boot was on, she had worked up a sweat.

She almost cried when the little boy said, "Teacher, they're on the wrong feet."

She looked and sure enough, they were. It wasn't any easier pulling the boots off than it was putting them on. She managed to keep her cool as together they worked to get the boots back on - this time on the right feet.

He then announced, "These aren't my boots."

She bit her tongue rather than get right in his face and scream, "Why didn't you say so?" like she wanted to. And, once again she struggled to help him pull the ill-fitting boots off his little feet. No sooner they got the boots off and he said, "They're my brother's boots. My Mom made me wear 'em."

Now she didn't know if she should laugh or cry. But, she mustered up the grace and courage she had left to wrestle the boots on his feet again. Helping him into his coat, she asked, "Now, where are your mittens?" He said,

"I stuffed 'em in the toes of my boots."

Her trial starts next month

5. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Bills
    A doctor and a lawyer were talking at a party. Their con- versation was constantly interrupted by people describing their ailments and asking the doctor for free medical advice. After an hour of this, the exasperated doctor asked the lawyer, "What do you do to stop people from asking you for legal advice when you're out of the office?"
    "I give it to them," replied the lawyer, "and then I send them a bill."

The doctor was shocked, but agreed to give it a try. The next day, still feeling slightly guilty, the doctor prepared the bills.

When he went to place them in his mailbox, he found a bill from the lawyer.

The female skier Picabo Street (pronounced Peek-A-Boo)...

The famous Olympic skier Picabo Street is not just an athlete, she is a nurse. She currently works at the Intensive Care Unit of a large metropolitan hospital.

She is not permitted to answer the telephone, however, as it caused simply too much confusion when she would answer the phone and say,

"Picabo, ICU".

6. Doc2626

Doc2626 Registered Member

Rita-

You are going to be responsible for me getting kicked out of my hotel! I laughed so hard at "Boots", that I heard my next door neighbors start laughing, too. Then "Bills" set me off again, and someone starting pounding on the wall!

:blink:

7. Marja

I AGREE, THOSE ARE GREAT JOKES! YOU ALWAYS FIND SUCH GOOD MATERIAL, RITA!!

8. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

During the French Revolution a priest, a lawyer and a technician were lined up at the guillotine to be beheaded. They were given the choice to look up or to look facing down in the guillotine.

The priest said, "Well Heaven is up, so I'll look up, so I can see where I'm going." They placed the Priest in the guillotine facing up and released the blade. The blade stopped just inches from the priest, so they let him go, thinking it was a miracle.

The lawyer thought, "Well if it worked for the priest, it might work for me," so they placed him in the guillotine looking up. They released the blade, and it stopped just inches from the lawyer, who claimed he can't be executed twice for the same crime, so they let him go.

The technician thought, "Well why not?" So they put him in the guillotine looking up, and the technician said, "Wait a minute! If you swap the red and the blue wires over, you might make this thing work.

9. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Thank you Doc and Marja--am glad you all found them funny--we all need a good laugh now and then--keeps us healthy lol! Big c that last one was a good one :D

10. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

THE RULES FOR LIFE
    * Lerman's Law of Technology: Any technical problem can be overcome given enough time and money. Corollary: You are never given enough time or money.

* Murphy's First Law for Wives: If you ask your husband to pick up five items at the store and then you add one more as an afterthought, he will forget two of the first five.

* Law of the Search: The first place to look for anything is the last place you would expect to find it. Corollary: It will not be in the last place you expect to find it.

* Kauffman's Paradox of the Corporation: The less important you are to the corporation, the more your tardiness or absence is noticed.

* The Salary Axiom: The pay raise is just large enough to increase your taxes and just small enough to have no effect on your take-home pay.

* Miller's Law of Insurance: Insurance covers everything except what happens.

* First Law of Living: As soon as you start doing what you always wanted to be doing, you'll want to be doing something else.

* Weiner's Law of Libraries: There are no answers, only cross-references.

* Isaac's Strange Rule of Staleness: Any food that starts out hard will soften when stale. Any food that starts out soft will harden when stale.

* Kenny's Law of Auto Repair: The part requiring the most consistent repair or replacement will be housed in the most inaccessible location.

* Second Law of Business Meetings: If there are two possible ways to spell a person's name, you will pick the wrong one. Corollary - If there is only one way to spell a name, you will spell it wrong anyway.

* The Grocery Bag Law: The candy bar you planned to eat on the way home from the market is hidden at the bottom of the grocery bag.

* Yeager's Law: Washing machines break down only during the wash cycle. Corollary: All breakdowns occur on the plumber's day off.

* Lampner's Law of Employment: When leaving work late, you will go unnoticed. When you leave work early, you will meet the boss in the parking lot.

* Quile's Consultation Law: The job that pays the most will be offered when there is no time to deliver the services.

* Loftus' Law: Some people manage by the book, even though they don't know who wrote the book or even which book it is.

* Lovka's Dilemma: You never get away, you only get someplace else.

11. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Off to the Zoo for You
    A man drives to a gas station and has his tank filled up. The gas attendant spots two penguins sitting in the back seat of the car.

He asks the driver, "What's up with the penguins in the back seat?"

The man in the car says "I found them. I asked myself what to do with them, but I haven't had a clue."

The clerk ponders a bit then says, "You should take them to the zoo."

"Hey, that's a good idea," says the man in the car and drives away.

The next day the man with the car is back at the same gas station. The clerk sees the penguins are still in the back seat of the car.

"Hey, they're still here! I thought you were going to take them to the zoo."

"Oh, I did," says the driver, "And we had a swell time. Today I am taking them to the beach."

12. bigc73542

Crazy Blind-Dog

A policeman directing traffic at a busy city intersection one afternoon observed a blind man with his seeing-eye dog waiting to cross the street.

All of a sudden, the policeman was aghast at the sight of the seeing-eye dog bolting out into the street in front of heavy traffic at one of the busiest intersections in the whole city, dragging the blind man along with the dog's leash in the blind man's hands while cars were trying to stop, screeching their brakes and swerving to avoid a fatal accident.

The policeman was absolutely horrified, but could do nothing to assist. To the immediate relief of the horrified police officer, the blind man and his dog somehow made it across the street without suffering any harm to themselves whatsoever. It was a miracle!
    The police officer, still in shock, observed the blind man, upon reaching the corner sidewalk after having nearly been killed crossing the street, reach into his pocket and pull out a cookie and offer it to his seeing-eye dog.

The officer ran to the blind man and said to him in a loud distraught tone, "Don't you realize that you could have been killed by your dog dragging you out into a busy street in front of heavy traffic like that? And NOW you're going to reward him?"

The blind man hesitated a moment, then he said to the policeman, "Why, no sir! I'm just trying to find out where his head is so I can kick his butt!

13. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

The Top 10 Lines You'll Never Hear in a Western
    10. "I reckon I'll have me a half-caf double latte with a twist. IN A DIRTY MUG!"

9. "Gentlemen, rather than get caught up in mindless reaction, let's draw upon our feminine selves for a more intuitive solution."

8. "I'm tellin' ya, I ain't shot no varmints since them PETA fellers set me straight.

7. "Guns? We don't need no stinking guns!"

6. "Y'know, Badlands Pete... a roaring campfire, good coffee, nice prairie breeze, just you 'n' me... what say we put on the rhinestone gowns and dance a jig or two?"

5. "Let's see... hardtack and pemmican... that's three grams of fat, seven grams of protein, and two starches."

4. "That's him! That's the yella-bellied varmint who shot my therapist!"

3. "Hey, Buck, do these chaps make my butt look big?"

2. "It's like I keep tellin' ya, Earl: men is from Tombstone, women is from Dodge."

and the number 1 Line You'll Never Hear in a Western...

1. "HANG HIM HIGH, BOYS!! ...Okay, now a little to the left... Oooh! Stop right there. Perfect!"

14. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

15. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

oh rita, ur jokes r killlin me. whered u get em all? neways keep it up.

16. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

A highway patrolman pulled alongside a speeding car on the freeway. Glancing at the car, he was astounded to see the blonde behind the wheel was knitting.

Realizing she was oblivious to his flashing light and siren, the trooper cranked down his window, turned on his bullhorn and yelled, "Pull over!"

"No!" the blonde yelled back, "It's a scarf!"

17. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

A man came home from work and found his three children outside, still in
    their pajamas, playing in the mud, with empty food boxes and wrappers strewn
    all around the front yard. The door of his wife's car was open, as was the
    front door to the house and there was no sign of the dog.

Proceeding into the entry, he found an even bigger mess. A lamp had been
    knocked over, and the throw rug was wadded against one wall.
    In the front room the TV was loudly blaring a cartoon channel, and the family
    room was strewn with toys and various items of clothing.

In the kitchen, dishes filled the sink, breakfast food was spilled on the
    counter, the fridge door was open wide, dog food was spilled on the floor, a
    broken glass lay under the table, and a small pile of sand was spread by the
    back door. He quickly headed up the stairs, stepping over toys and more
    piles of clothes, looking for his wife. He was worried she might be ill, or that
    something serious had happened.

He was met with a small trickle of water as it made its way out the bathroom
    door. As he peered inside he found wet towels, scummy soap and more toys
    strewn over the floor. Miles of toilet paper lay in a heap and toothpaste had been
    smeared over the mirror and walls.

As he rushed to the bedroom, he found his wife still curled up in the bed in
    her pajamas, reading a novel.

She looked up at him, smiled, and asked how his day went. He looked at her
    bewildered and asked, "What happened here today?"

She again smiled and answered, "You know every day when you come home from
    work and you ask me what in the world did I do today?"

"Yes," was his incredulous reply.

She answered, "Well, today I didn't do it."

18. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Maxims for the Internet Age
    - Home is where you hang your @

- The E-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail.

- A journey of a thousand sites begins with a single click.

- You can't teach a new mouse old clicks.

- Great groups from little icons grow.

- Speak softly and carry a cellular phone.

- C: is the root of all directories.

- Don't put all your hypes in one home page.

- Pentium wise; pen and paper foolish.

- The modem is the message.

- Too many clicks spoil the browse.

- The geek shall inherit the earth.

- A chat has nine lives.

- Don't byte off more than you can view.

- Fax is stranger than fiction.

- What boots up must come down.

- Windows will never cease.

- In Gates we trust.

- Virtual reality is its own reward.

- Modulation in all things.

- A user and his leisure time are soon parted.

- Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach him to use the Net and he won't bother you for weeks.

- There's no place like http://www.home.com

- Know what to expect before you connect.

- Oh, what a tangled website we weave when first we practice.

- Speed thrills.

19. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

just an alternative proverb for Rita's list:

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

20. bigc73542

21. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

The Lighter Side of Zen ? Part 1
    1. Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead.
    Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow.
    Do not walk beside me, either; just Get Out Of The Way and leave me alone.

2. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a flat tire.

3. It's always darkest before dawn. So if you're going to steal your neighbor's newspaper, that's the time to do it.

4. Don't be irreplaceable; if you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.

5. No one is listening until you make a mistake.

6. Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

7. Never test the depth of the water with both feet.

8. It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

9. It is far more impressive when others discover your good qualities without your help.

10. If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of car payments.

22. Marja

OR HOME IS WHERE YOU HANG YOUR @!

23. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

24. bigc73542

25. bigc73542

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.