joke of the day

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Rita, Nov 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

A new Doctor was being taken round the Wards to familiarize him with the Patients....they came to one bed with just an eye-ball on the pillow....the Doctor turned to the Sister saying "That must be the worst case I have ever seen"....the Sister, in quiet voice, said "Yes, and we think he's also blind....

Cochise, :cool:

2. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

man asked his wife, "What would you most like for your birthday?"
    She said, "I'd love to be ten again."

On the morning of her birthday, he got her up bright and early and off they went to a theme park. He put her on every ride in the park, the Death Slide, The Screaming Loop, the Wall of Fear. Everything there was, she had a go.

She staggered out of the theme park five hours later, her head reeling and her stomach upside down. Into McDonald's they went, where she was given a Double Big Mac with extra fries and a strawberry shake. Then off to a movie theater, more burgers, popcorn, cola and sweets. At last she staggered home with her husband and collapsed into bed.

Her husband leaned over and asked, "Well, dear, what was it like being ten again?"

One eye opened and she groaned, "Actually I meant dress size."

3. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

put downs

Not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
    Got into the gene pool while the lifeguard wasn't watching.
    A room temperature IQ.
    Got a full 6-pack, but lacks the plastic thingy to hold them together.
    A gross ignoramus -- 144 times worse than an ordinary ignoramus.
    A photographic memory, but the lens cover is glued on.
    A prime candidate for natural deselection.
    Bright as Alaska in December.
    One celled organisms out-score him in IQ tests.
    Donated his body to scientists... Before he was done using it.
    During evolution his ancestors were in the control group.
    Fell out of the family tree.
    Gates are down, the lights are flashing, but the train isn't coming.
    Has two brains; one is lost and the other is out looking for it.
    He's so dense, light bends around him.
    If brains were taxed, he'd get a rebate.
    If he were any more stupid, he'd have to be watered twice a week.
    If you give him a penny for his thoughts, you get change back.
    If you stand close enough to him, you can hear the ocean.
    One neuron short of a synapse.
    Some drink from the fountain of knowledge, but he just gargled.
    Takes him an hour and a half to watch "60 Minutes".
    Was left on the Tilt-A-Whirl a bit too long as a baby.
    Wheel is turning, but the hamster is dead.

4. HD rider UK

HD rider UK Registered Member

Hi all

another put down

Gene pool? More of a puddle really

5. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

good one HD Rider :D

6. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

If Brains were dynamite, he wouldn't have enough to blow the wax out of his ears......Shouldn't this be in 'One Liners'... :D :D

There was this eye-ball laid on this Pillow.............

Cochise, :cool:

7. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

and they said he was probaly blind too :D lol

8. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Beer and the quotes it has helped create over the years...

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the
    morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
    --Frank Sinatra

The problem with some people is that when they aren't drunk, they're sober.
    --William Butler Yeats

An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.
    --Ernest Hemingway

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    --Ernest Hemingway

You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
    --Dean Martin

Drunk is feeling sophisticated when you can't say it.
    --Anonymous

No animal ever invented anything as bad as drunkenness - or as good as drink.
    --G.K. Chesterton

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
    --Catherine Zandonella

Abstainer: a weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure.
    --Ambrose Bierce

Reality is an illusion that occurs due to lack of alcohol.
    --Anonymous

Drinking provides a beautiful excuse to pursue the one activity that truly gives me pleasure, hooking up with fat hairy girls.
    -- Ross Levy

A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to
    thank her.

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?
    --W.C. Fields

Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder.
    --Anonymous

If God had intended us to drinkbeer, He would have given us stomachs.
    --David Daye

Work is the curse of the drinking classes.
    --Oscar Wilde

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
    --Henny Youngman

Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all of the time and have the time of your life.
    --Michelle Mastrolacasa

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.
    --Tom Waits

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?
    --Stephen Wright

When we drink, we get drunk. When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
    When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
    When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
    Sooooo, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven...
    --Brian O'Rourke

You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it
    helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
    --Frank Zappa

Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol
    has taken out of me.
    --Winston Churchill

He was a wise man who invented beer.
    --Plato

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    --Benjamin Franklin

If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet it makes beer shoot out your nose.
    --Deep Thought, Jack Handy

Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza.
    --Dave Barry

The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind.
    --Humphrey Bogart

Why is Australian beer served cold?
    So you can tell it from urine.
    --David Moulton

Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
    --Kaiser Wilhelm

I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer.
    --Homer Simpson

Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and
    oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital
    ingredient in beer.

I drink to make other people interesting.
    --George Jean Nathan

All right, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me - so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer.
    --Homer Simpson

9. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

The Stella Awards
    It's time once again to review the winners of the Annual "Stella Awards." The Stella Awards are named after 81 year-old Stella Liebeck who spilled hot coffee on herself and successfully sued McDonald's (in NM). That case inspired the Stella awards for the most frivolous, ridiculous, successful lawsuits in the United States.

Here are this year's winners:

5th Place (tie): Kathleen Robertson of Austin, Texas, was awarded $80,000 by a jury of her peers after breaking her ankle tripping over a toddler who was running inside a furniture store. The owners of the store were understandably surprised at the verdict, considering the misbehaving little toddler was Ms. Robertson's son.

5th Place (tie): 19-year-old Carl Truman of Los Angeles won $74,000 and medical expenses when his neighbor ran over his hand with a Honda Accord. Mr. Truman apparently didn't notice there was someone at the wheel of the car when he was trying to steal his neighbor's hubcaps.

5th Place (tie):
    Terrence Dickson of Bristol, Pennsylvania, was leaving a house he had just finished robbing by way of the garage. He was not able to get the garage door to go up since the automatic door opener was malfunctioning. He couldn't re-enter the house because the door connecting the house and garage locked when he pulled it shut. The family was on vacation, and Mr. Dickson found himself locked in the garage for eight days. He subsisted on a case of Pepsi he found, and a large bag of dry dog food. He sued the homeowner's insurance claiming the situation caused him undue mental anguish. The jury agreed to the tune of $500,000.

4th Place:
    Jerry Williams of Little Rock, Arkansas, was awarded $14,500 and medical expenses after being bitten on the buttocks by his next door neighbor's beagle. The beagle was on a chain in its owner's fenced yard. The award was less than sought because the jury felt the dog might have been just a little provoked at the time by Mr. Williams who had climbed over the fence into the yard and was shooting it repeatedly with a pellet gun.

3rd Place:
    A Philadelphia restaurant was ordered to pay Amber Carson of Lancaster, Pennsylvania, $113,500 after she slipped on a soft drink and broke her coccyx (tailbone). The beverage was on the floor because Ms. Carson had thrown it at her boyfriend 30 seconds earlier during an argument.

2nd Place:
    Kara Walton of Claymont, Delaware, successfully sued the owner of a night club in a neighboring city when she fell from the bathroom window to the floor and knocked out her two front teeth. This occurred while Ms.Walton was trying to sneak through the window in the ladies room to avoid paying the $3.50 cover charge. She was awarded $12,000 and dental expenses.

1st Place:
    This year's run away winner was Mrs. Merv Grazinski of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Mrs. Grazinski purchased a brand new 32-foot Winnebago motor home. On her first trip home, (from an OU football game), having driven onto the freeway, she set the cruise control at 70 mph and calmly left the drivers seat to go into the back & make herself a sandwich. Not surprisingly, the RV left the freeway, crashed and overturned.
    Mrs.Grazinski sued Winnebago for not advising her in the owner's manual that she couldn't actually do this. The jury awarded her $1,750,000 plus a new motor home. The company actually changed their manuals on the basis of this suit, just in case there were any other complete morons around.

10. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

11. BeetleBoss

BeetleBoss She who posts lots of <I>Smileys</I>

Inner Strength

If you can start the day without caffeine or pep pills,

If you can be cheerful, ignoring aches and pains,

If you can resist complaining and boring people with your troubles,

If you can eat the same food everyday and be grateful for it,

If you can understand when loved ones are too busy to give you time,

If you can overlook when people take things out on you when,

through no fault of yours, something goes wrong,

If you can take criticism and blame without resentment,

If you can face the world without lies and deceit,

If you can conquer tension without medical help,
    If you can relax without liquor,

If you can sleep without the aid of drugs,

If you can do all these things,

Then you are probably the family dog.

http://www.mypkhome.com/dsleep/dog-sp-24.jpg

12. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

How To Avoid Housekeeping
    Dust bunnies cannot evolve into dust rhinos when disturbed. Rename the area under the couch "The Galapagos Islands" and claim an ecological exemption.

In a pinch, you can always claim that the haphazard tower of unread magazines and newspapers next to your chair provides the valuable Feng Shui aspect of a tiger, thereby reducing your vulnerability. Roll your eyes when you say this.

If unexpected company is coming, pile everything unsightly into one room and close the door. As you show your guests through your tidy home, rattle the door knob vigorously, fake a growl and say, "Sorry, this old door is stuck again"

Don't bother repainting. Simply scribble lightly over a dirty wall with an assortment of crayons, and try to muster a glint of tears as you say, "Junior did this the week before that unspeakable accident...I haven't had the heart to clean it..."

Mix one-quarter cup pine-scented household cleaner with four cups of water in a spray bottle. Mist the air lightly. Leave dampened rags in conspicuous locations. Develop an exhausted look, throw yourself onto the couch, and sigh, "I clean and I clean and I still don't get anywhere..

Cobwebs artfully draped over lampshades reduces the glare from the bulb, thereby creating a romantic atmosphere. If your husband points out that the light fixtures need dusting, simply look affronted and exclaim, "What? And spoil the mood?"

Explain the mound of pet hair brushed up against the doorways by claiming you are collecting it there to use for stuffing handsewn play animals for underprivileged children.

13. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

14. BeetleBoss

15. BeetleBoss

Top 10 reasons to breed dogs:

10. Thought the house was too orderly

9. Never did like having a full nights sleep

8. Wanted my Vet to get a new BMW

7. Thought the furniture looked too nice

6. Love the sounds of puppies in the morning, noon, afternoon, evening, midnight, pre-dawn, etc.

5. Garden and backyard needed renovations, and didn't want to pay a gardener.

4. Neighbors didn't complain enough

3. Kids weren't enough of a challenge

2. If you can train & show one dog, why not ten

1. Wanted to see if spouse really meant those vows

[​IMG]..... [​IMG]..... [​IMG]..... [​IMG]..... [​IMG]

16. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

I just broke up with someone and the last thing she said to me was -
    'You'll never find anyone like me again!'
    I'm thinking, 'I should hope not! If I don't want you, why would I want someone like you?'

"Relationships are hard. It's like a full-time job, and we should treat it like one. If your boyfriend or girlfriend wants to leave you, they should give you two weeks' notice. There should be severance pay, and before they leave you, they should have to find you a temp."

"A lady came up to me on the street and pointed at my suede jacket.
    'You know a cow was murdered for that jacket?' she sneered.
    I replied in a psychotic tone, 'I didn't know there were any witnesses. Now I'll have to kill you too."

"Thou shall not kill. Thou shall not commit adultery. Don't eat pork. I'm sorry, what was that last one?? Don't eat pork. God has spoken. Is that the word of God or is that pigs trying to outsmart everybody?"

"My mom said she learned how to swim when someone took her out in the lake and threw her off the boat. I said, 'Mom, they weren't trying to teach you how to swim.'"

"In elementary school, in case of fire you have to line up quietly in a single file line from smallest to tallest. What is the logic? Do tall people burn slower?"

"I voted for the Democrats because I didn't like the way the Republicans were running the country. Which is turning out to be like shooting yourself in the head to stop your headache."

"A study in the Washington Post says that women have better verbal skills than men. I just want to say to the authors of that study: Duh."

"I don't know what's wrong with my television set. I was getting C-Span and the Home Shopping Network on the same station. I actually bought a congressman."

"I had a linguistics professor who said that it's man's ability to use language that makes him the dominant species on the planet. That may be. But I think there's one other thing that separates us from animals. We aren't afraid of vacuum cleaners."

"Some women hold up dresses that are so ugly and they always say the same thing: This looks much better on.' On what? On fire?"

"Now they show you how detergents take out bloodstains, a pretty violent image there. I think if you've got a T-shirt with a bloodstain all over it, maybe laundry isn't your biggest problem. Maybe you should get rid of the body before you do the wash."

"The Swiss have an interesting army. Five hundred years without a war. Pretty impressive. Also pretty lucky for them. Ever see that little Swiss Army knife they have to fight with? Not much of a weapon there. Corkscrews. Bottle openers. 'Come on, buddy, let's go. You get past me, the guy in back of me, he's got a spoon. Back off. I've got the toe clippers right here!'"

17. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

An elderly couple were driving across the country.
    The woman was driving when she got pulled over by the highway patrol.
    The officer said, "Ma'am did you know you were speeding?"

The woman, hard of hearing, turns to her husband and asks, "What did he say?"
    The old man yells, "He says you were speeding!"

The patrolman says, "May I see your license?"
    The woman turns to her husband and asks again, "What did he say?"
    The old man yells, "He wants to see your license!"
    The woman gave the officer her license.

The patrolman says, "I see you are from Arkansas. I spent some time there once and went on a blind date with the ugliest woman I've ever seen."

The woman turned to her husband and asked, "What did he say?"

And the old man yells, "He said he knows you!"

18. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:D A little boy was helping his dad build a driveway. His dad had him hauling gravel for the cement mixer in his wagon. The little boy had his wagon full, an found it was rather hard to pull. The little boy began to swear as tried to pull the wagon. A stranger was passing by and heard the little boy swearing. Little boy don't you know God is everywhere an can hear you use bad language? For real asked the little boy, is he in that tree? In a manner of speaking, yes answered the stranger. Is he standing across the street? In a way yes. Is he in my wagon? I guess you could say yes. Well said the little boy, tell him to get out an push.

Thanks
    Wildman
    :p :eek:

19. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Greeting cards are getting expensive, so why not design your very own Hallmark Moment with some these sayings:

"I've always wanted to have someone to hold, someone to love.
    After having met you, I've changed my mind."

"I must admit, you brought religion into my life.
    I never believed in Hell till I met you."

"Looking back over the years that we've been together, I can't help but wonder:
    What the heck was I thinking?"

"If I get only one thing for Christmas, I hope it's your sister."

"As you grow older, Mum, I think of all the gifts you've given me.
    Like the need for therapy..."

"Thanks for being a part of my life! I never new what evil was before this!"

"Money is tight, times are hard, here's your @#$/& Christmas card!!!"

"Congratulations on your promotion. Before you go, I would like you to take this knife out of my back. You'll probably need it again."

"Sorry things didn't work out, but I can't handle guys with breasts that are bigger than mine."

"When we were together, you always said you'd die for me.
    Now that we've broken up, I think it's time you kept your promise."

"The holidays are a great time to be with family. Of course, your family won't be with you, since I'm taking the kids and moving in with my sister, you cheating devil

20. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

A guy goes into a bar and says, "Quick, gimme a beer before the trouble starts!" The barman looks around the sleepy bar, shrugs and hands the guy a bottle of beer.

The guy drinks it fast. "Quick! gimme another beer before the trouble starts!"
    The barman looks at the guy oddly but hands another beer to the guy.

The guy drinks it fast. "Quick another beer before the trouble starts!"
    The barman hands him another beer, with a frown on his face, but hands it over reluctantly.

Again, the guy drinks it fast. "Quick another beer before the trouble starts!"
    The barman replies, "Look pal, exactly what trouble are you talking about?"

"I haven't got any money!"

21. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

If Kitty Carlisle married Conway Twitty, she'd be Kitty Twitty.
    If Yoko Ono married Sonny Bono, she'd be Yoko Ono Bono.
    If Dolly Parton married Salvador Dali, she'd be Dolly Dali.
    If Bo Derek married Don Ho, she'd be Bo Ho.
    If Oprah Winfrey married Depak Chopra, she'd be Oprah Chopra.
    If Cat Stevens married Snoop Doggy Dogg (hey! it's the '90's!), he'd be Cat Doggy Dogg.

If Olivia Newton-John married Wayne Newton, then divorced him to marry Elton John, she'd be Olivia Newton-John Newton John.

If Sondra Locke married Elliott Ness, then divorced him to marry Herman Munster, she'd become Sondra Locke Ness Munster.

If Bea Arthur married Sting, she'd be Bea Sting.
    If Liv Ullman married Judge Lance Ito, then divorced him and married Jerry Mathers, she'd be Liv Ito Beaver.
    If Snoop Doggy Dogg married Winnie the Pooh, he'd be Snoop Doggy Dogg Pooh.
    How about a baseball marriage? If Boog Powell married Felipe Alou, he'd be Boog Alou.
    If G. Gordon Liddy married Boutros-Boutros Ghali, then divorced him to marry Kenny G., he'd be G. Ghali G.

Nog (Quark's brother on "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine") has no other name, so he uses it twice when getting a marriage license. If he married Howard Hughes, and then Pamela Dare, he'd be Nog Nog Hughes Dare.

If Shirley Jones married Tom Ewell, then Johnny Rotten, then Nathan Hale, she'd be Shirley Ewell Rotten Hale.

If Ivana Trump married, in succession, Orson Bean (actor), King Oscar (of Norway), Louis B. Mayer (of MGM), and Norbert Wiener (mathematician), she would then be Ivana Bean Oscar Mayer Wiener.

If Woody Allen married Natalie Wood, divorced her and married Gregory Peck, divorced him and married Ben Hur, he'd be Woody Wood Peck Hur.

22. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:eek: Sister Elizabeth died an went to heaven. Upon arrival she found a very long line an a very perplexed Saint Peter. Sorry for the mix up folks, said Saint Peter, but our computer system apparently had a virus an crashed, until we can sort things out, some of you will have to stay in the other establishment. Sister Elizabeth found herself with downstairs accommodations, an she was scared beyond belief. That first nigh she heard strange noises coming from the room next door. The next morning she called upstairs to ask if the computer problem had been fixed, only to be told not yet. Again this night she heard very unusual music, laughter an strange noises from the room next door. Again the next day she calls upstairs, she is told again not yet, an she must stay yet another night where she is. This night she hears a voice say, hey you next door come on over an join the party. The next day she calls upstairs an says "Hey Pete, this is Liz, don't worry about my reservations, you can cancel them".

Thanks
    Wildman
    :eek: :D :p ;)

23. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

So this isn't Home Sweet Home ... Adjust! Martha Stewart doesn't live here!!

Ring bell for maid service. If no answer, do it yourself!

I clean house every other day. Today is the other day.

If you write in the dust, please don't date it!

I would cook dinner but I can't find the can opener!

My house was clean last week, too bad you missed it!

I came, I saw, I decided to order take out.

If you don't like my standards of cooking ...lower your standards.

Although you'll find our house a mess, Come in, sit down, converse. It doesn't always look like this: Some days it's even worse.

A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen, and this kitchen is delirious.

A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand!

Thou shalt not weigh more than thy refrigerator.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

Countless number of people have eaten in this kitchen and gone on to lead normal lives.

My next house will have no kitchen ... just vending machines.

I'd live life in the fast lane, but I am married to a speed bump.

24. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Below are questions that people "actually asked" of Park Rangers around the country, proving once again that there is no known limit to the depths of human stupidity.
    (Source: Outside Magazine)

Grand Canyon National Park...
    Was this man-made?
    Do you light it up at night?
    I bought tickets for the elevator to the bottom -- where is it?
    So where are the faces of the presidents?

Everglades National Park...
    Are the alligators real?
    Are the baby alligators for sale?
    Where are all the rides?
    What time does the two o'clock bus leave?

Denali National Park (Alaska)...
    What time do you feed the bears?
    Can you show me where the yeti lives?
    How often do you mow the tundra?
    How much does Mount McKinley weigh?

Mesa Verde National Park...
    Did people build this, or did Indians?
    Why did they build the ruins so close to the road?
    What did they worship in the kivas -- their own made-up religion?
    Do you know of any undiscovered ruins?
    Why did the Indians decide to live in Colorado?

Carlsbad Caverns National Park...
    How much of the cave is underground?
    So what's in the unexplored part of the cave?
    Does it ever rain in here?
    How many Ping-Pong balls would it take to fill this up?
    So what is this -- just a hole in the ground?

Yosemite National Park...
    Where are the cages for the animals?
    What time do you turn on Yosemite Falls?
    Can I get my picture taken with the carving of President Clinton?

Yellowstone National Park...
    Does Old Faithful erupt at night?
    How do you turn it on?
    When does the guy who turns it on get to sleep?
    We had no trouble finding the park entrances, but where are the exits?

25. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Hospital Charts
    2.. Patient has chest pain if she lies on her left side for over a year.
    3. On the second day the knee was better, and on the third day it disappeared.
    4. The patient is tearful and crying constantly. She also appears to be depressed.
    5. The patient has been depressed since she began seeing me in 1993.
    6. Discharge status: Alive but without my permission.
    7. Healthy appearing decrepit 69 year old male, mentally alert but forgetful.
    8. The patient refused autopsy
    9. The patient has no previous history of suicides.
    10. Patient has left white blood cells at another hospital.
    11. Patient's medical history has been remarkably insignificant with only a 40 pound weight gain in the past three days.
    12. Patient had waffles for breakfast and anorexia for lunch.
    13. She is numb from her toes down.
    14. While in ER, she was examined, x-rated and sent home.
    15. The skin was moist and dry.
    16. Occasional, constant infrequent headaches.
    17. Patient was alert and unresponsive.
    18. Rectal examination revealed a normal size thyroid.
    19. She stated that she had been constipated for most of her life, until she got a divorce.
    20. I saw your patient today, who is still under our car for physical therapy.
    21. Both breasts are equal and reactive to light and accommodation.
    23. The lab test indicated abnormal lover function.
    24. The patient was to have a bowel resection. However, he took a job as a stock broker instead.
    25. Skin: somewhat pale but present.
    26. The pelvic exam will be done later on the floor.
    27. Patient was seen in consultation by Dr. Blank, who felt we should sit on the abdomen and I agree.
    29. Patient has two teenage children, but no other abnormalities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.