JkDefragGUI 1.0

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by tepe2, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tepe2

tepe2 Registered Member

2. HAN

HAN Registered Member

I really liked Mr. Wieldraaijer's GUI but it has grown beyond what I wanted (dare I say it's becoming bloated??) Plus, it now downloads JkDefrag when the GUI is first ran. Which is NOT something I want it to do.

Anyway, my fav is now JkDefragStarter http://www.jkdefragstarter.de.vu/ (The program is in english but the web page is not. When I first started using the GUI, I translated it via Google. Anymore, I don't bother unless he has changed the version (to see what's new.)

BTW... JkDefrag is now up to 3.31!

3. Hairy Coo

Hairy Coo Registered Member

A lesson I learned is do not use JK for defragging your ATI image backups-this was done accidentally and caused corruption,I think.

4. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I prefer not to use GUI, it's just a hassle to me...more size to live in my hard drive...and beside JkDefrag is upgraded almost every week (:D maybe, twice a month). Anyway, it still does its job effectively even without GUI. :cool: ;)

And I think, this is the fastest to upgrade defragmenter in the world today, and that is aside from its amazing defragging speed and features that makes u wonder why it's free and the size that cute.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
  5. Arup

Arup Guest

Everything is excellent about J.K except it sorely needs a boot time defragmenter. The GUI is excellent on its own, it does auto update of the program so for those not keeping track with frequent J.K. updates, its a boon. Also makes it friendlier for non command prompt familiar users which form majority of MS users.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.