Jetico

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Hulk, Feb 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hulk

Hulk Registered Member

I have had a look at Core Force (a lot to configure) but I am now looking at Jetico firewall and would like to know if this a beta or a full release version and also if anyone has any tip's on the configuration, I did use Mcafee but it just seems to sit there with no real alerts as to what is going on if anything, I am looking for a real strong app with good alerts and control.

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

The one on the Jetico site is not a beta, but the real thing according to Jetico. It hasn't been updated for half a year or more though. I hear they are working on a version 2 at the moment, so we can look forward to that sometime I guess.

No tips except to recommend that you just dive in and enjoy.. ;)

3. Hulk

Hulk Registered Member

Cheers will do;)

4. Bob D

Bob D Registered Member

Jetico is tight. Out of the box full stealth. Passes all leak tests I threw at it except for maybe two of the AWFT tests (PG protected me there, though).
    Seems to run stable, no probs here on XP SP2.

However....prepare for pop-up hell. Setting up rules is a bear, unless you're well versed in internet protocols.
    Unlike Filseclab & others, if I'm ever forced to start creating rules, I think I'll be in over my head. If you know what you're doing, it does offer excellent control.

Good luck & post back with how you've made out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.