Jetico: really like it so far.

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by brjoon1021, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brjoon1021

brjoon1021 Registered Member

It is really easy to use, at least on my system. Apps like AV, AT, anti-spyware go in the trusted zone. Browsers go in the treat application as a browser zone. Could not possibly be easier.

Recently, I tried Filseclab and it was good too but the pop-ups were terrible. It, unlike Jetico, prompted me probably a dozen times when I opened up my browsers: Avant, Firefox and Opera. Each of them start with 13 web pages. Filseclab could not handle it. It locked up the first time I opened each of the browsers. I had to ctrl + alt + delete or even hard boot. It seemed to prompt for me to allow or deny images and adds on the page. When I did reboot and restart the browsers enough to get it to work, it would inevitably go dead in the system tray and there was no reviving it.

I went to Zone Alarm's newest free firewall. I liked its interface, easy, easy set-up until I came back in to surf more one evening and saw an error message that Zone Alarm (or Tru Vector) had encountered an error and needed to close. It did that within the first day and a half that it was installed. Could have been a fluke, but previous experiences with 5.5 on the same system and the current ZA on my work laptop made me wary enough to uninstall it.

Jetico came next. So far, I am really pleased with it. Being able to classify the browsers as "browsers" with, apparently, pre-made rules or rulesets is great.

I read on Wilders somewhere that Jetico was not active and looked like development had stopped. I hope not!

Any way, just my two cents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.