Jetico Process attack and SSM?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by poirot, Sep 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poirot

poirot Registered Member

I run Jetico v1.0 including its Process Attack Module.
    I find it very useful,but i decided to install System Safety Monitor so that in my opinion ,running both could be silly or even conflicting....(i'd wish to be proven wrong as i hate mangling Jetico,which took so long to tune to my needs), so, considering this, i need to disable this module in Jetico but i am very uncertain about the right way to go in order not to cause any functionality damage or having to reinstall.
    What is the right way to disable Process Attack?
    (just deleting the Table? or getting rid/renaming files in Jetico Program Files?There's no option in Options)
    Has anyone kept both without conflict of sorts?

2. pcaca

pcaca Registered Member

Create one rule at top of Process Attack table to allow everything. Jetico v2 Beta has option to bypass Process Attack which works same way (placing one rule at top of the table).

3. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

I have used this combination for quite a while on one of my systems with no conflicts. (Jetico1 attack module active)

4. poirot

poirot Registered Member

That's all very good,thanks pcaca and Stem. I am glad that,either way,i wont have to interfere with Jetico.
    I think the most reasonable way to go is installing SSM and see if,by any chance,there are conflicts or delays with my particular system,which-as Stem testifies and considering i run Jetico in another pc with Neoava without problems- might not even occurr.
    (discovered Neoava HIPS from neoava.com a week ago and i put it to the test with a 256RAM ,1000MHZ,Pentium3 pc which runs Avast,BOClean,Jetico,Neoava,ShadowSurfer and Neoava takes only 1,8KB and 4,2KB not slowing down at all,performing well and causing no conflict with Process Attack,a new version is coming soon)
    Should they happen,instead, i'll try first pccaca suggestion and place the rule.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.