Jetico Personal Firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Kerodo, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Junior

Junior Registered Member

Hey looks lise I'm alone today !
    I have continued my experiments with JPF to try to figure out what is wrong on my config.
    I found that Kaspersky Antivirus (the kavsvc.exe module) is intercepting mail traffic on port 110, but JPF doesn't see that thunderbird is getteing the datas next.
    I don't know how the communication is done.
    Does anyone have an idea in order JPF could deal with it and make Thunderbird work ?
    I remind you that I can get my mails with Thunderbird on a random basis even with the same set of rules in JPF.

2. nameless

nameless Registered Member

Try creating an application rule for Thunderbird as follows:

Action = accept
    Protocol = TCP/IP
    Event = outbound connection
    Application = Path to Thunderbird EXE
    Local address = any
    Local port = any
    Remote address = local address
    Remote port = 1110

3. hojtsy

hojtsy Registered Member

That would only make a difference if you do not have 127.0.0.1 in the Trusted Zone.
    -hojtsy-

4. Arup

Arup Guest

Today I tried out the CPU optimized MOOX builds of FF and TB instead of the official relase and Avast scans fine with Jetico running.

5. nameless

Which I assumed was the case. Why else would Thunderturd not work?

Besides, I thought the paranoiacs around here would remove 127.0.0.1 from the trusted zone, as I did.

6. Hexamon

Hexamon Registered Member

New version released.

v. 1.0.1.51 Freeware, 31st January, 2005.
    Option "Auto Best fit" was added to the "View" menu and minor corrections in user interface were made. Occasional crash of the firewall filtering module on multi-processor computers is fixed.

7. Diver

Diver Guest

Has anyone been to www.auditmypc.com ?

When usig Jetico PF I am getting a message that my internal IP address is visible. This does not happen with Kerio 2.15.

Please try this and let me know if there is a fix.

I have a Netgear wireless access point/NAT and set my machine up as a DMZ when testing the firewall.

8. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

Diver...
    go do a search at www.kye-u.com or www.outpostfirewall.com for your lat problem...
    sorry... being lazy... can't explain
    Hint: It's just an annoying Java embed.... Content filtering from Proxomitron required.

9. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

10. Diver

Diver Guest

Thank you No13. I just checked again and it happens with Kerio 2.15 as well. But, that is consistent with the explanation in the link.

Going to install the new build this afternoon.

11. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Tried the new build. After installation, the indicators in the tray didn't show any activity. Lets see if a reinstall works.

EDIT:
    Tray activity indicators work in my administrative account. In my user account it still doesn't show anything. Back to LnS for now.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2005
  12. Diver

Diver Guest

Tray activity indicators did not work in an administrative account for me. I did not try the limited account.

Did not play with it a long time, but it seems to have a more restricted definition of "access to network".

Fonts in the edit window are still way too small.

Back to Kerio 2.15, until the next build.

13. nameless

I just upgraded to JPF 1.0.1.51, and noticed the same thing.

14. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Ah well, activity indication in my administrative account failed as well.
    So, waiting for the next build :D

15. harrywong

harrywong Registered Member

I noticed the same thing about the activity indicator, but also that it seemed to work (and continue to work) as long as I clicked on the "Network Indicator" tab and then closed the GUI.

16. nameless

Thanks for pointing that out. With that tip in mind, I find that as long as I go to the "Traffic monitor" tab, the tray icon becomes animated. It seems to stay that way no matter what I do after that. I've still got to think this is a bug.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2005
  17. Diver

Diver Guest

Tray monitor working for the time being. Definitely a but, but possibly a minor bug.

18. Diver

Diver Guest

OK, the tray monitor will work if the last tab clicked on the interface is "internet traffic". BUt, if th elast interface clicked is something else, like , "log" or "config..." , it does not work. Strange bug. Bet they have another release in less than a week.

19. nameless

Ah, you're right. I assumed that the tray icon was still working even after leaving the "Traffic monitor" tab, because both parts of the icon were green, and I had a P2P client running, which would have kept it busy just like that.

20. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I assume somebody has told Jetico?

21. dukebluedevil

dukebluedevil Registered Member

New version out that fixes the System tray indicator.

22. v. 1.0.1.52 Freeware, 1st February, 2005.
    System tray firewall indication is fixed.

22. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

That was quick...

23. They answer quickly and act quickly too!!! each day that passes I like more this firewall, a real piece of dimond. I ask myself what a good news they are going to give us next time!!!

24. dukebluedevil

Is the system tray indicator working for you guys now?

I just tried the new version of Jetico and the system tray indicator isn't working at all on my system. Even if I try going under the "traffic monitor" tab it still doesn't do anything.

The process attack table I noticed no longer causes my system to freeze up anymore. Nail said that they finally came up with a work around for the problem I was having before. So thats at least some good news.

25. dukebluedevil

Ok, I rebooted my system and then on startup Jetico asks me if I want to allow fwsrv.exe access to network. I accept it and then go online and I noticed now the system tray icon works if I go under the "traffic monitor" tab or close Jetico after being under it. Otherwise it doesn't work at all. So it looks like the problem is still there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.