Jetico Personal Firewall v2

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by DVD+R, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Yo People :cool: How in the Heck do I get Jetico to Quit with the Popups request/deny o_O For Instance I clicked Allow Permanently for several of my Applications, yet the same popup box keeps jumping up on my screen about 30 Billion times, even though I said Allow Permanently :mad: It asks again for the same Apps after a reboot too, Does this Bloody thing Not Understand English or Something o_O I cant be having this,as I cant sit here for Hours on end giving stuff permission :doubt:

2. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Sounds like the classical HIPS-syndrome :) That was one of the reasons why I quit using them.
    Isnt it that it is different types of requests that you have to allow? First for the .exe then for a .dll and then for the blabla and so on?

3. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Jetico will ask for every IP it connects to. You need to select an appropriate table when asked. Cust clicking on "allow" will not get you very far.

4. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

You have to be pacient with Jetico 1 or 2.
    For the version 2 the rules are set in 4 main sections along with the table section where you have generic rules(you modifie them very rarely if you realy know what you are doing).
    In the Configuration window you have to make rules for your aplications in the folowing subsections Aplication/Ask user and here we have Acces to Network,Indirect Acces to network and Network Activity.This 3 sections adress network requests from your aplications.
    An app that needs conection will ask first Indirect Access to Network(you will make a rule here for the appliction denying or accepting as you wish and trust the program) than it will request you to alow or block Acces to network and the last step to let the program comunicate the Network Activity
    section in witch you will need to create for a trusted program the usual outbound and UDP send/receive listen datagrams with setings for specific ports or ranges as you wish.
    After playing few days you will get the algorithm for sure.
    The forth section is the antileak one called Process Atack here you specifie some permisions for the apps(the trusted ones) usually, direct memory acces,write to memory and install global hook will work just good.In the latest Jetico 2 there were added 2 more options with Control.. and something(sorry can remember exactly their names) this 2 should also be alowed for trusted.
    Any of this 4 main sections can be switched off,left in learning mode, as they are by default, or after some trianing period left on stop learning.You acces this by clicking on the Optimal Protection large section and modifie them in the right side.
    For many aplications you can define generic rules as for browser and such with the preinstaled presets.
    The most pop uper setings are the Indirect Acces and Process Atack which are recomended to be left on learning when you try new software.
    Block once and alow once should be also used for personal experiments.
    After you get used with it its a piece of cake and it can be configured even more if needed.A manual is available if i remmeber well so you should read that also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.