Jetico making me crazy.

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by aigle, Feb 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Hi r202. Welcome to Wilders,
    How I save the rulesets are:-
    1/ open a new policy (either block or (as example) allow all),.. (these are in the "program files/ jetico~ config folder)
    2/ Rename the policy (in example "ruleset2")
    3/ Drag the ruleset you want to save over to the new policy (the ruleset you want to move cannot be in use,) once all the rulesets have been moved, select the policy, then select "file ~ save as".

Attached Files:

2. r202

r202 Registered Member

It works! Thank you very much. :) :thumb:

3. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Your welcome.

4. Taru

Taru Registered Member

Hello,

after reading all post about Torrent in this thread, it seems the rulesets for uTorrent is not available anymore (it does not appear in the #100-#101-#106)
    I would like, first of all, to know if a French version of Jetico would work with an English rulesets.
    If it does, could you please, Stem, give the rulesets for uTorrent again ... Or a easier way : to give me a screen of a ruleset of the utorrent in the jetico program (with the red arrow if you want, I noticed you liked it xD).

Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2006
  5. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Hi Taru, welcome to Wilders,
    Due to some changes made, the rulesets have been moved to post #307. There is a rule for bittornado,... but not for utorrent,.. you would need to add a rule to allow the inbound UDP.

Just give me 15mins, I will have to re-install Jetico1,... I will then update the rulesets for utorrent and post back,.....

6. Fumens

Fumens Registered Member

Hi Taru,
    did you check last message in post #101 ? that new rules had been updated and moved to post #307

Edit - Oops sorry Stem, you posted first

7. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Hi Fumens,
    No problem,

Hi Taru,
    I have updated the rules to include Utorrent. Dont forget to change the setting within utorrent to use a fixed inbound port, and then change the 2 inbound rules (1 for inbound TCP and 1 for inbound UDP) within the utorrent ruleset to the same port number that you set in utorrent.

Rules attached

Attached Files:

8. Taru

Taru Registered Member

Thanks for answering so fast !
    I'll check if it works after I make the modifications.
    But as I do so, could you tell me if you changed your firewall >
    and if yes, what did you take ? :p

9. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

I install many firewalls (to keep up with latest releases / new firewalls),...... currently I am testing injoy packet filter firewall,........ but I always return to Jetico.

10. Taru

Taru Registered Member

Hey again,

well it's quite hard for me as a French to understand the modifications you want me to do. I just put in "root" the utorrent and delete the rules you have given me.
    But now, I dont understand what I have to do exactly. :p
    May I dare to ask you to show me the way with screens ? If you accept, then take your time of course !

Ps: uTorrent port = >15000

*Another question, is the "Go back to default setting" = delete backup wich would mean that it's like I had just installed Jecito?

(Apologize for my english T_T )

Last edited: Oct 29, 2006
  11. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Hi Taru,

1/ setup Utorrent for fixed port.(example 45000)
    2/ load ruleset into jetico, and drag Utorrent rules to your optimal protection.
    3/ Edit Utorrent rules, so the same port number is used in the 2 inbound rules as in Utorrent

Hope this helps,..

Attached Files:

12. Taru

Taru Registered Member

Hi Stem,

first of all I bless you, you rock a lot. :p
    But I bring bad news, it doesn't work. :D
    My port test is wrong and I'm in low id. I don't really understand. With Kerio, wich is very easier to set but less effective, it worked; so I couldn't explain what's happening.

13. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Check Jetico log for any blocked packets (the ruleset does work once set up,.. I have checked this)

14. Taru

Taru Registered Member

It's strange because in the log, each port I insered ( 15005 and 45001 ) are blocked -even if I changed the port, they still appear in the log-, but not the new I put does not appear in the log. Anyway, it still doesn't work. :(

If you don't find a solution, don't lose your time. Maybe we can fix this problem by telling me another good firewall (wichin port are easier to set :D) ?

Ps : I use a router if it can help you. (wich is very well set, dont worry about that)

Last edited: Oct 29, 2006
  15. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

I have set up using port 10000:-

Attached Files:

• port.gif
      port.gif
      File size:
      117.9 KB
      Views:
  16. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

Try to add following rule:
    Name: Allow Outgoing UDP
    Protocol: TCP/IP
    Event: send datagram
    Local Port: 10000
    Remote Port: 1024-65535

Restart uTorrent, tell us what happened.

17. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

I had forgotten about the outbound UDP (would this not have to local/remote ports 1024-65535), but even without this rule, it would not mean a low ID (low ID means not accepting inbound connections)

18. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Stem

Will you be doing a report on Injoy in another thread? Curiosity on my part.

19. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

Normaly you are right, but it seams that utorrent closes/shutsdown an incoming connection if its not able to respond to this paket by sending a kind of UDP data feedback.

20. Taru

Taru Registered Member

Hello,

It still doesn't work, even with the unbound rules. :'(

21. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Try a setup as I have shown in post#465. Set the ports to 10000, set Utorrent to 10000, and make sure you are port forwarding throught the router the same. Clear your jetico logs, then startup and check the utorrent for inbound connection.(as I have done it that post)

22. Taru

Taru Registered Member

I've still this icone /!\ and the test doesn't work.
    I think there is no way to solve this problem. :thumbd:
    Even if I like very much this firewall, I guess I'll change for another one because I'm not good enough at using a firewall.
    So maybe, I'll go back to Kerio, if you think it's a good one. ^^

23. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

What is showing in the Jetico logs after the test fails (when you say the test fails, do you mean that you cannot get an inbound connection, (the test I ran in my post 465, (port forwarded))

Also to check,.. untick the "block" rule at the end of the Utorrent ruleset, to see what popups are given.

24. Taru

Taru Registered Member

When the test files (like the post #465), in the jetico's log appears many "inbound packet" with the number of the port I entered (15009 and 10000).

After I untick the block rule, there is no more blocked inbound packet of the actual port (except in "local port") but it still doesn't work.

25. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

First, why are you entering 2 port numbers. All ports should be the same,... the 2 ports in the jetico rules, the port in the Utorrent setup, and the port forwarded in the router should all have the same port number.
    The log, you say this shows "inbound packet",... does this say "blocked", and if so, what rule is blocking the inbound? (right click the log entry, select copy,.. and then paste the entry into your next post)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.