Jetico - getting leak tests to run properly

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by jet11, Jul 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jet11

jet11 Registered Member

In my Firewall Leak Tests, Jetico failed 3 of them so far:
    AWFT
    Breakout (expected - also failed on the Firewall Test website)
    DNStester (expected - also failed on the Firewall Test website)
    Jumper test passed, surprisingly, since it failed on the FW Test website (how can that be?)

The problems is with the following tests - they either don't run or don't finish running:
    CopyCat - error "couldn't find explorer"
    MBTest - no response (not completing ?)
    Outboard - no response (not completing ?)
    PCAUdit - "error 0 on step 5"
    PCFlank - says Failed, but prevented browser from openning (?)
    WallBreaker - stopped intrusion, but succeeded in allowing a scheduled task (?)

Any ideas about what I need to do to get them to run? And are there other benchmark test tools (or websites) that I should run to ensure maximum security?

Also, why are so many users complaining about Jetico, and having a hard time setting it up. I found it to be extremely easy and LOGICAL, and I just started using it (and I don't have a networking background). Sure there's a learning curve, but it's nowhere near the complexity of many other programs. I think its a great program, and very effective and user-friendly.

2. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Hi jet11,
    From "leaktests" against Jetico, I see various results. An example is the "DNStester" which on my setup catches this every time. Results published say this is not alway seen(stopped). I think the main problem is due to the fact that the last release of Jetico is now 12 months,.. updates to windows probably have some effect on Jetico.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.