Jetico boot issues

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by promagma, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. promagma

promagma Registered Member

Anyone have boot issues with Jetico 1.0?

Jetico randomly blocks network access for these programs .... there is no popup and they just fail to start. I presume that Jetico is still trying to initialize?

NTP
    MySQL
    Avast Email scanner

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Are you saying those programs fail to execute, or fail to connect to the internet? If they are failing to execute, then something else is wrong, Jetico would not prevent them from executing.

How about other programs that run and connect out soon after boot? Is it just those above, or anything?

3. promagma

promagma Registered Member

They fail to connect to the internet.

Not every time though .... it is a random issue.

4. Mido

Mido Registered Member

promagma,

In basic english.

I'am not sure if it was about what you meaning.

About Avast.
    You have to give access to those both e-mail port 25 and 110 for the
    Avast_Email_scanner_File.exe who manage the e-mail with Avast.

For exemple, you must have already an table for Avast or for all your antivirus, antispyware.. software who need to access internet for make update...

Give an access (from Ask User table) to this table for this AvastFile.exe and add 2 rules just for this file, if other software access this table:

FileName.exe, TCP/IP, Outbound Connection, Local Port: 1024-4999, Remote port: 25

...Remote port: 110

About NTP, MySQL.
    If them 2 other soft need to go on the net.
    They must have already a pop-up/request (in ask User) for access to the net at some remote address, remote port...
    Then you will have to find on a Whois site the address range of them Remote address...

5. Ghost_ARCHER

Ghost_ARCHER Registered Member

Borrow this thread to ask some question about jetico 1

After I feel that Online Armor 2 slows down my utorrent, I switched back to the jetico 1. However, here comes some problems.

Because there is no pop of program update (hash check changed), I simply click the allow button for later management. Then I come up with a long list of rules. I manually moved the rules for same program together so that I can decided which is for the old version applications and needs to be removed. Now I realize something strange -- I see exactly same rule repeated multiple times (exactly means all the fields, including the hash value). At beginning I think it is because I manually updated the hash value for some rule. But after a while there are too many repeated things. I am wondering how this happens and how do your guys avoid a long list of rules.

Another question is about the MSN messanger, both ip and port seems quite random to me. Is there any usable rule to summarize them?

Does jetico version 2 improved the rule management?

6. Mr. Y

Mr. Y Registered Member

The latest Jetico release seems to have this problem. I turned off many XP Services in the past and wondered if this could be part of the problem. Have you turned off any XP services?

I'm using OA free for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.