Javascript displays history!?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by JavaScripted, Nov 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JavaScripted

JavaScripted Guest

Hi

I just decided to test muy browsers and firewall (OutpostPro) against the site
    http://www.leader.ru/secure/who.html

When Javascript is disabled in my browser, the site cannot display much info cept my isp adress.

But with Javascript enabled, it tells me I've already visited, say, 7 sites during current session... How come? Does Javascript allow for test sites to penetrate one's browser's history?

What to think about all this?

Cheers

2. Javascripted

Javascripted Guest

oh, BTW, I ran the test with Mozilla 1.7.12, FFox 1.05b and Operas 8.50 and 9b (8031)

More info is displayed still if I activate both Javascript and JAVA in browsers

Thanks

3. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Interesting - I use Firefox 1.0.7 with java and javascript on, and it was only able to give me the most recent referrer (right here).

That might be because I've got history set to zero days. But "Back" will quite happily take me back, step by step, to where I started from -- I imagine that's via cached pages (although I do clear frequently) rather than history per se.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.