javacool

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Mr.Blaze, Oct 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

lol with all the cool software you ben makeing thought it be cool to ask if you be intrested in makeing a utlity for ie privacy settings

many times i have my security in ie set to this
    Allow cookies that are stored on your computer disable
    Allow per session cookies (not stored) -Enable
    i use internet sweeper and cookie muncher to kill my cookies and clean up my history

*File download - Disable ('Enable' as needed only!)
    Font download - Prompt
    Java permissions - High Safety
    Access data sources across domains - Prompt
    Don't prompt for client certificate.... - Disable
    Drag and drop or copy and paste files - Enable
    *Installation of desktop items - DISABLE
    Navigate sub-frames across different domains - Enable
    *Launching programs and files in an IFRAME - DISABLE
    Software channel permissions - High Safety
    Submit non-encrypted form data - Prompt
    *Userdata Persistence - DISABLE

*Active Scripting - DISABLE you must Renable this option if you are editing your profile at message bords or buying something on line doing bills or uneployment registering ect ect

Allow paste operations via script - Disable

Scripting of Java applets - Disable you must Renable this option if you are editing your profile at message bords or buying something on line doing bills or uneployment registering ect ect

Logon -setting (Your choice)

i was wondering if you would take in to considiration makeing a small utlity that toggles the
    Scripting of Java applets and Active Scripting like an on and off switch cause its lame haveing to go threw internet explorer every single time just to select or unselect those every time i come across a legit site that has javah and needs active scripting.

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

An easy way to do this would be to change your trusted zone settings to disable anything else you don't want, and enable those options in your trusted zone.

Then place any sites you consider "legit" in your trusted sites area (thus allowing them to have ActiveScripting and Java applets enabled).

That's the easy way. Unfortunately, because of IE's design, I have not yet found a way to "force" it to accept new settings. I can change the value in the registry, but IE won't accept it until you close and re-open IE. Thus, the other method I outlined above is probably easier, and much less time-consuming.

Hope this helps.

-Javacool

3. FanJ

FanJ Guest

I use IEClean for enabling/disabling ActiveX, Javascript etc. if needed.....; it's very easy with it. Yep, closing and opening IE is necessary as far as I know. (BTW IEClean is not free).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.