Javacool, would you be able to add Mru items?

Discussion in 'MRU Blaster Forum' started by Pretender, Apr 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pretender

Pretender Registered Member

RealOne Player - MRU Item - Last Login time and RealOne Player - MRU Item - Last Open File Directory if you can please? These Show in every scan I do with MRU-Blaster and it's not because I'm entering the RealOne Player. I realize that I may not be giving you enough information so let me know how I go about giving you more to help you decide whether or not to add them.

bob

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Well I believe those items are already in the MRU-Blaster database. I'm not sure what you'd like me to do?

In regard to them appearing in the scan every time, you may find that a component of RealPlayer is actually running in the background all the time and is writing those entries.

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. Pretender

I want you to work magic for this idiot like you always do. I guess it might sometimes seem like I know something about computers, but in reality.........I'm pretty ignorant. I couldn't understand why they kept showing up and still do........immediately after cleaning or whatever. Nothing else shows up as long as I have the scheduler running. :oops:

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Well it is very possible that a component of RealPlayer is still running in the background - I'll do some further tests myself to see what exactly could be writing those keys, or if this is a minor register "misread" of some sort. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

5. Pretender

You don't have to mess with it if I'm the only one wondering about it. It's not a big deal.

6. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Hi, Pretender.

Yes, it is a big deal, but I'm thinking it's definitely something running in RP that you can probably turn off (if you can find it).

There are so many hidden "Option" fields, that sometimes it's hard to nail them all shut.

A quick glance at the way I have my sons' set up follows:

RP Tools/Preferences/General - NO checkmark in "Enable a history list in the file menu"

Preferences/Connection/Internet Settings - NOTHING check-marked, falsified Country/Region, postal code blank.

Preferences/Automatic Services - NOTHING check-marked, ditto for Automatic Updates.

Then go to your "View/Message Center/Options/Delivery Preferences" and make sure that new message alert only shows the message headline and that you're only checking for messages once or twice a month.

The kicker here is (of course) that I totally nuked the message center with some advice I found somewhere - but for the life of me I can't remember what I did. Might want to Google "Real Player Message Center" Or "Real Player Settings".

HTH Pete

*I'm also running MRU-Blaster every five minutes on all profiles, so that probably helps too. And, you've probably got any number of programs on your computer there that'll show you which particular component of RP is running at start-up so you can seek and destroy it.

7. Pretender

I'm just very ignorant in this area spy1. Some things dealing with computers come to me quite easily and quickly and some just don't seem to be in reach. I will follow your instructions and yes, I understand that there has to be something at my end running. I get a tad upset when I can't grasp things like this.

appreciate your input
    bob

8. Pretender

I followed all of Pete's suggestions and I, also, Google'd for an answer. I located the follwing information site:
    http://www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist_r.htm
    and I changed the rnathchk.exe file to rnathchk.old as I believe that this file is the culprit, but MRU Blaster is still showing the same as before whenver I scan. I scan, I clean all, and scan.........same components show up. Geesh......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.