JanusAP query

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by kiwi2000, May 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiwi2000

kiwi2000 Registered Member

Hi

(OPS i MEANT PA NOT AP. in subject cant reedited it seems ) its a hardware device anyhow called privacy adapter

I ordered one of these (JANUSPA) 3 days ago and not heard from Kyle at all ( the fact its gmail is of putting and I see he lists it on web site so I suspect its full of spam with the orders and questions). Is this guy taking his own product seriously anymore? last blog was back in feb along with updates. dont sound like it still dont have a web interface to config it yet?

some of you bought one of these.. worth it?

sounds like xb browser team are using him to make another device in competition to it.. so will janusPA fall to the waste side

I wondering if janusPA could have xb browser servers added to it later so
    dont have to use tor only too but paid ones as a option if hes working with the same team?

Cheers

update! just got a email reply from him seems maybe some emails get lost or hes over committed.. but still interested if others bought and opinions

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  2. kiwi2000

kiwi2000 Registered Member

This is what he said if others are wondering about purchasing a JanusPA or xbs one hes working on.. cant wait to get mine in post to have a play with it
    =====================

The web interface is being worked on still.
    JanusPA will work with Java, Flash, or any other TCP based network application (email, IRC, FTP, SSH, Web, etc, etc..).

I am also working on a version of the Privacy Adapter for Xerobank, which will be VERY similar to JanusPA (same hardware, slight changes in software).
    The really nice part about JanusPA is the fact that you do not need to reconfigure ANY application to use a HTTP or SOCKS proxy for Tor or Xerobank.
    The software on your PC doesn't even know it's going through Tor either. :)

Hope that answer's your questions.

Kyle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.