Jan or Anyone!!!

Discussion in 'NOD32 Early v2 Beta' started by hayc59, May 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

i have not been able to use Nod32 V2 at all because of a conflict somehow or somewhere and Jan has been hellping me.
    the thing is when i dowload and install all goes well :D
    as soon as i hit the update button for new dat files or any button..........bamm error messages(and Jan has them all) :'( :'(
    now a friend(Root) place a download for a proggie called
    'Start-Up List" on OutPost forum, so i install is and run it.
    and at the very bottom i get this------
    Mega has suggested it maybe DR.Web AV remints, which i have tried and since(i thought deleted) could this be anything to do with my problems??
    thanks for any help!! and if it is how do i get it out of machine safely...... o_O

2. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

Hi,

>Mega has suggested it maybe DR.Web AV remints, which i have tried and since(i thought deleted) could this be anything to do with my problems??

It really seems the problem could be the conflict with Dr. Web - we are already trying to replicate it here - even we are busy with our v2. You will hear from us soon.

Thanx, :)

jan

3. anders

anders Eset Staff Account

Looks like it.. Don't know if it causes your problems though.

I suggest you install DrWeb again, reboot, uninstall it, and reboot again. Then check with StartupList if the "drwhook.dll"-entries are gone.

You might also want to disable Amon during the installation and not enable it until after rebooting after uninstalling DrWeb, to make sure that the two resident protections don't cause any conflicts.

Regards,
    Anders
    EUROSECURE

4. Andreas1

Andreas1 Security Expert

5. Tinribs

Tinribs Registered Member

It is indeed from Dr.Web, if you view the properties of these files you'll see.
    I searched on my pc and found one DRWHOOK.DLL in my windows directory, its not causing any problems though, viewing the details confirmed its an old Dr.Web file.

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Have you tried using RegCleaner from http://www.vtoy.fi/jv16/shtml/software.shtml

This should remove all reminants of Dr.Web

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

7. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

I checked whether DRWHOOK.DLL ( SpiderMail component) was still on my machine, as I uninstalled Dr Web about a month ago.

Found this entry and 'deleted' using RegSeeker.

However, when I try and 'find' again it is still listed and I cannot delete it when listed in the Search, Files and Folders list. It states 'it is still in use' o_O

I had problems with Spidermail, and problems with the beta 5 of NOD. Can this be the reason?

If anyone successfully deletes this permanently, can you post.

8. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

this little problem is exactly why i cannot use Nod32 V2 and i have tried it all so far, to remove this and nothing.
    jv16 does not even pick it up? i tried to rename it and see what would happen and i cannot get on line no how no way!!
    thank you all for your suggestion......still waiting in limbo.
    i want my Nod32 back.

p.s. this does not cause a problem using Nod32 version 1!
    that works just fine.. :D

9. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Can confirm that JV16 cannot find this entry but Regseeker can. It deletes the entry, but it reappears again!!!!!!

I had similar problems in completely uninstalling VirusChaser, a Dr Web clone.

In Regedit, DrWHook.dll (spidermail hook) seems to be located with Internet Explorer.

10. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

well as far as i am concerned DrWeb is a skipped - forum admin - we don't bash other software over here

its nothing but a hassle, not to mention a pain in the ***!!
    why i would like to know it causes no problems with version1 and havoc on version2 beta 2/3/4/5??
    and if they(Mr.DrWeb) are watching this thread please fix
    your thingie.... :D :D

11. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Have you tried reinstalling Dr.Web and then uninstalling it through "Safe Mode" as well as using RegSeeker in safe mode. Then reboot and install Nod V2, reboot and go into IMON\Setup\Repair (Network Settings)?

I had to uninstall a program this way, a while back.

Cheers :D

12. controler

controler Guest

Hello

Did you try deleting it with DOS?

If it is a hook, a certain action will call it up

13. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

Blackspear=
    have not tried this one yet? maybe i will just do that!

Controller=
    tried the dos thing with no luck!!

what i really think is DrWeb should come out with a fix, so guys like me dont take in the.... if you know what i meano_O i did not think that by useing thier trial software that it would cause such a problem. i looked on thier web site and i see no dis-claimer stating that if you use thier software expect this or that!!! anyways.....

14. DrWeb Deinstallation

Hi,

reading this thread... I'm wondering...;-)

1) that can be a conflict, if running 2 virus scan programs on same computer "everyone" know... So you have for any testing to DISABLE or uninstall DrWeb.

2) For uninstall you must stop at first the SpIDer guard - the resident virus control program (service) .
    This you can do in control panel (or in Win9x in control settings on SpIDer - remove "load on statup" option).
    Maybe system must be restarted after this.

3) there was a problem on some OS when DrWeb was not installed on system drive with SpIDerMail.
    Recommendation to install it at system drive... (developer told, that is fixed now)

4) If you have uninstalled DrWeb on no correct way (only deleted or something else) then the best way is to install it again and deinstall it by "Windows way"..

The most things are written in help file, and - if somebody have a problem, the DrWeb online support will help everyone... but writing inappropriate comments doesn't help anyone... I think so.
    And I think it is not the forum level here...
    (I think about hayc59 Reply #9 on: May 28, 2003, 02:39:22 PM )

Best regards from Berlin DrWeb support
    Michael Pruefer

15. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Michael,

Agreed. This isn't the way we run this place. Thread mentioned has been altered.

regards.

paul

16. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

i agree and i apologize to you Micheal and to you Paul!! it was out of frustration only. Micheal thank you for your responce and i will try as suggested

17. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

hayc59,

That's OK - we've all been there one time or another ;).

regards.

paul

18. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

thank you!

19. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

Andreas, i got over being worried what this download would do and gave it a try!! and guess what...Nothing!!

just kidding. got rid of all of it!! :D :D i have searched for the file and did 'start-up' list and it is no where other than in my recycle bin re-named waiting a couple of days to delete it!! thank you so much for the help!! and i would like to thank Paul and Peter and thank you all for the great advise!! Paul thanks for the help today...its party time. now i am gonna try Nod32 and see what happens .keep you all posted.. again thanks.... and i am sorry for being a pain in the you know what!
    p.s. sorry to DrWeb folks also!! ;) ;)

20. Douglas

Douglas Guest

Hi hayc59,

Could you give us a follow-up?
    I installed for a trial both NOD and Avast, but couldn't continue because of the DrWeb issue. And I don't want to take off DrWeb until I know the solution worked.

Thanks in advance,
    Douglas

21. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

22. Douglas

Douglas Guest

Thanks Pieter :D

Regards,
    Douglas

23. Douglas

Douglas Guest

Well, LSPFix worked like a charm.
    I can finally test-drive NOD. :)

Thanks again, Pieter,
    Douglas

24. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Douglas,

Glad I could help you. :)

Regards,

Pieter

25. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

this is how i actually got rid of DRWHOOK.DLL

======Pieter_Arntz========

you da man!! :D :D

and i think how to get rid of it should be made
    a sticky somewheres/somehows.. ;) ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.