iz p2p connection iz safe

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by MushfiQ, Apr 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MushfiQ

MushfiQ Registered Member

hi
    i just want 2 know iz p2p type software are safe 2 use.my bro reck ons itz not.
    give me some idea.
    regards
    MUSHFIQ

2. AXIS

AXIS Registered Member

i think it iz wht do u ppl think
    axis

3. dog

dog Guest

Hi Axis, ;)

I moved your post to "Other Security Issues" where it will receive better attention. ;)

P2P greatest risks, are that you're acquire files from unknown sources and it has become a breeding ground for malware transmitions. Be diligent and scan everything you DL with an AV and AT. You have to be willing to accept the risks. Of course many P2P apps have built in Spyware, here is a list of clean & infected clients - http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/articles/p2p/

HTH, ;)

Steve

4. AXIS

AXIS Registered Member

wht iz av & at
    axis

5. dog

dog Guest

Anti-Virus & Anti-Trojan

6. Matt_Smi

Matt_Smi Registered Member

I personally don’t use P2P on my computer, but I find it odd that Limewire is on the “infected” list in the link that Dog posted. A few of my friends have Limewire on their computers and before and after they installed it they ran spyware/virus scans to see if it added any junk to their computers and it did not. Limewire is also on another computer in my house and I did the same thing and found it to be clean. Maybe it had spyware in the past but not anymore. In fact it is the P2P program I recommend to people.

EDIT: I just looked at the date last updated, 2003, so things have defiantly changed since then.

7. AXIS

AXIS Registered Member

HI
    IZ DC++ IZ ALSO ON THE LIST
    WELL DC++ IZ SAFER THEN ANY OTHER PROGRAM

WHT ABOUT TORRENT..SOME ONE TOLD ME USING TORRENT IZ A GREAT RISK 2 SERVERS
    IZ IT TRUE
    REGARDS AXIS

8. Using limewire along side peerguardian is reasonably safe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.