I've tried everything but Xp wont boot.

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Alias | Nox, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alias | Nox

Alias | Nox Guest

I installed Acronis Disk Director 10 Demo today to try out the OS Selector. And I see I'm only the billionth-ish user since around april 2004 to have problems with this software.

I installed the OS Selector and restarted my computer (because the installer asked me to).

This is exactly what happened after my comp restarted:

- The Intel Logo Shows up
    - I get three underscores
    Looks like this :
    " _
    _
    _ "

These underscored are normal ... its exactly what always happens. Then the arconis os selector loads. And is showed me Windows XP Pro and Linux. I chose XP Pro.

- The comp restarts again (intel screen and all) and then goes back into the OS selector.

This cycle keeps repeating If I select Windows XP.

-So I finally just decided to get of OS selector. I chose to disable OS selector and re-enable it again from Windows If I wanted to.

-OS Selector succesfully disabled itself.

- My comp restarts, and then gets till the underscore (right before Acronis would load) and then restarts again... and again .... and again... and again.

I've tried fixmbr from the recovery console ... doesnt work.
    I've tried using spfdisk from the Ultimare Boot CD (cuz I dont have a floppy drive). I checked all the drive settings. C:\ Was my primary drive.

I cant boot into SuSE Linux from the install DVD either.

My $2200 computer is pretty much dead right now. I better get a solution soon from Acronis.

- Nox

P.S. ... I cant figure out how to send Acronis Support an email about my problem. I think its because im a demo user. I cant "choose a registered product from the online form"

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Nox,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please boot up from the Windows Bootable CD, then go to the Recovery Console (the first Repair option you come to).

From the command prompt please type:

FIXMBR C:
    FIXBOOT C:
    COPY CDDrive:\I386\NTLDR C:\
    COPY CDDrive:\I386|NTDETECT.COM C:\
    BOOTCFG /rebuild

After that, please reboot your computer.

If this does not resolve your issue with Windows booting then please create Acronis Report in the way described below:

- Download and run Acronis Report Utility;
    - Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;
    - Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;
    - Collect the report file from the floppy.

You can submit a request to Acronis Support here. Please attach the collected reoprt.txt file to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.